Cablevision Division Optimum Lightpath Department Name Surveillance & Support-LI Job Location NY / Nassau County Requisition ID 19541BR Position Type Full Time Description The Lead Field Support technician is responsible to perform advanced network maintenance and support activities on the Optimum Lightpath Network. Responsibilities of this position include support for Metro Ethernet, Sonet, Optical and Carrier Wave transport technologies. Ability to support networking configurations, trouble-shooting, diagnosing and maintaining a variety of enterprise voice and data WAN/LAN communication services. The lead technician must interface with all internal departments, external client vendors and NMC support personnel to solve complex network problems. Conduct advance maintenance and support for all compact AC/DC systems that provide modular power requirements for Telecommunications equipment. He/She will install, replace and maintain 12V power supply systems and DC batteries. Ensure all company technical requirements are followed and all Optimum Lightpath policies and practices achieved for all aspects of the maintenance services and equipment. The technician is dispatched by the Network Management Center to provide coverage throughout NYMA. Coordinates and schedules work from TBS and Remedy that are routine using standard procedures, tools, and equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- If required to cover for a manager, assigns work to Technicians based on the specific skills, training, experience and availability of the individual.
- Assist the Supervisor/Mgr in the day to day activities of the staff and contractors and ensuring the technical standards are adhered to and customer satisfaction.
- Assist in mentoring, providing support to staff and on the job coaching to help improve performance levels of employees.
- In required, the Lead technician will be the point of contact for the NMC, including after hour and weekends.
- The Lead Technician may be asked to work from other locations (i.e. Jericho, NYC etc.).
- Attend meetings with Lightpath Engineering department or other departments to provide expertise/feedback.
- Ability to perform all duties of the Adv Maintenacne Technician in a full and adequate manner.
- Manage the receipt of a customer trouble report, dispatch to customer location sites for repair purposes. Ensure all MTTR and resolution timelines are within objectives.
- Perform power maintenance procedures for rack and wall mount assemblies and inspect and replace power supplies and batteries at client locations. Provide facility support for commercial power loss and provide DC redundancies.
- Support advanced O&M procedures on Lightpath Telecommunications equipment, Lucent Dacs IV, II, Sonet FT-2000, DDM-2000, OLS 400G, Nortel, Tellabs WDM, DWDM Multiplexers, 1600, Metro5200, 5500, 7100, Atrica Ethernet switch platforms 8100, 4100, 2140, A-100 and Cisco Optical platforms ONS327, ONS454, Broadband video support DV600, SAS.
- Support multi vendor, multi protocol, layer router and switch support. Provide advanced network support for IP based solutions and configurations.
- Perform advanced field maintenance functions on all network equipment, and services from the direction of the Network Management Center
- Provide on-site tier II and advanced tier III maintenance support to clients, and identify root cause for all reported anomalies working independently.
- Conduct extensive testing at client demark locations for dial tone, T1, T3, Optical services, and Ethernet handoffs. Ensure problem avoidance practices are followed, and maintained to ensure a high level of reliability. Job also requires performing roof top troubleshooting with appropriate Safety gear.
- Analyze, diagnose, and communicate resolution information for CPE equipment failures. Interact and provide guidance to customer, vendor to ensure high service quality.
- Test and replace Cisco Routers. Proficient in delivering and supporting Metro Ethernet E-line, V-line and V-Lan solutions. Administrative support for service attributes and performance parameters. Qualifications •5-6 years experience in maintenance, provisioning, and repairing of telecommunication equipment.
- Min 3 years Lightpath Grade 16 Field Support Technician
- 3 to 4 years knowledge of Ethernet and TDM networks
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- CCIP, CCNP certifications preferred.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to persuade and use problem solving/conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to operate all tools and equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime as required.
- Valid state driver’s license applicable to state law.
- Advanced test sets (Vuex. Optical Light Meters, Sunset Ethernet test set, FireBerd, SAGE Ethernet Tester, Sunset, Fluke, EZ tester).
- Advanced troubleshooting to support tier II voice and data services.
- Complex Networking (SONET, Ethernet and DATA).
- Ethernet (10/100 baseT and Optical Gigabit) via SONET transport
- Video (ADC DV6000 and SAS)
- NextLevel (BDT & USAM)
- In addition to advanced Telecommunication Technician knowledge
Cablevision Systems Corporation is a leading telecommunications and media company with a portfolio of operations that includes a full suite...