Salesforce is transforming the data industry by bringing together the leading providers of business data into a unified complete solution all delivered in one place, available online and natively in Salesforce and we call this Data.com . With this accurate and complete business data salespeople can be more productive and marketers be more effective. Data.com includes over 30 million accurate crowd-sourced business contacts from Jigsaw and over 200 million accurate company profiles from Dun & Bradstreet. The Jigsaw contact asset is uniquely produced and maintained by a community of more than 2 million community members and is the fastest growing contact asset on the market. The combination of contact and account data along with social insight is exactly what business need to succeed in today’s mobile, social and open world.
Working on the Data.com business within Salesforce ensures you are working in a fast-paced, innovative environment where growth and success are the norm. You will be selling business applications solutions that are changing the way that enterprises do business. As a fast growing company within Salesforce, our goal is to build an organization of smart and ambitious people, committed to our mission of building a billion dollar data business.
Data.com is one of the valley’s best-funded start-up companies. We have a small, yet growing R&D team, and are focused on rebuilding our entire technology stack from the ground up using an agile development methodology, and with quality as key tenet. Although we are all salesforce.com employees, we are separate from the Salesforce.com R&D group, and fully-based in San Mateo, with a different technology stack, focused on solving complex, technical challenges around big data. All teams are focused on delivering on the Data.com vision of data-as-service, innovating on storing, matching, de-duping, cleaning, delivering various data sources to our customers. We have major releases every two months, so bring your creativity and enthusiasm to help leverage the latest in search and core development, to deliver high quality products each sprint, each release, to every customer.
- Work closely with Technical Leads and Application Architects to design and implement components for a highly scalable infrastructure to help scale our APIs in conjunction with large data sets.
- Work closely with the team members including developers, QE and product owners to implement features while maintaining the highest quality standards.
- Analyze, design and develop test cases and implement automated test suites.
- Contribute to the analysis of functional requirements
- Collaborate and partner with leaders and members of other teams for successful delivery.
- 5+ years of prior hands-on experience developing software applications using Java technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals and problem solving skills.
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- Strong knowledge of the Java programming language and its runtime.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and understanding of relational database schema design
- Experience building multi-tier, scalable, server-side applications
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols and architectures – REST,SOAP, etc.
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Strong team player and has good understanding of the value of teamwork for the success of the project.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Prior experience with SaaS or hosted applications
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
Rypple - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard -