The Lead Network Engineer's role is to participate as a lead member of the Harmony SaaS hosting and infrastructure team. The position work as part of a team responsible for a) network operations, maintenance, and monitoring-ensuring the stability, security and integrity of the hosting operation; b) deployment of Harmony products and solutions in the SaaS environment; and c) infrastructure capacity planning. Under the direction of the Director of Infrastructure & Hosting, the Lead Network Engineer will collaborate across internal departments such as Customer Support, Product Development, and Product Management to ensure successful deployment and maintenance of Harmony SaaS products and solutions.
The position has overall responsibility for:
- Taking a leadership role in IT/Hosting operations projects.
- Participating in design, and implementation and management of the 24x7 SaaS/internal network to ensure maximum uptime, and optimal performance.
- Maintenance of backup processes and jobs using CommVault Simpana 9 Server as backup CommVault administrator.
- Configure and manage Storage Area Network (SAN) infrastructure in the co-location environment.
- Maintenance of the SaaS/internal network environment, including project and operational oversight of assigned projects and deployments;
- Maintain the health and performance of the SaaS/internal networks, workstations, and network equipment, including server hardware configuration, firmware upgrades, security and operating system patches, software, telephony equipment, and communication links other software maintenance such as spam filtering, antivirus software, including installation, network performance monitoring, maintenance, support and timely problem resolution.
- Basic security and web site/IIS administrative tasks in SharePoint & IIS6/7.
- Optimizing performance and assuring connectivity and uptime of network hardware, (servers, printers, switches, etc) Provide reporting as necessary to support these activities.
- Creation and maintenance of documentation as it relates to network configuration, network administration, associated processes, policies, including business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Participate as a key team member on internal network and associated projects such as server, network, hardware refreshes, installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Conduct research/evaluations on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Participation in the Production Change Management process.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory, software, related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Setting up and maintaining technical environments for in-house testing, and maintaining the company's network environment.
- HIPAA rules must be followed.
- Confidential information on the client or on their clients is not to be discussed outside of the company.
- Some evening and weekend work to meet deadlines. After hours support for major network outages affecting critical HarmonyIS or customer installations
- Installation work may need to be performed during off hours, necessitating a flexible schedule at times.
- After hours on call rotation with pager to support SaaS/network operations
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- May be required to lift network/server equipment of up to 50lbs.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of off-site customer support.
Significant Active Directory experience, 3+ years preferred
- BS or higher degree in software engineering, computer science or related field or field experience
Harmony provides equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. HarmonyIS is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent on results of a criminal background investigation.
- IIS 7.5 experience, 3+ year preferred
- Windows 2008 R2 experience, 3+ years preferred
- Ability to interact with Harmony customers as technical consultant and technical implementation lead as necessary
- MSCE desired
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 networks, DNS, Active Directory, Exchange Server, SharePoint, firewalls
- Basic database administration skills with Microsoft SQL 2005/08 (installation, configuration, basic scripts, backup)
- PowerShell experience preferred
- Excellent PC skills in MS Office products, including Visio
- Self-motivated, self-starter
- Demonstrated and proven leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision yet exercise Judgment/professionalism
- Excellent understanding of the organization's goals and objectives
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to follow internal processes and procedures
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Reliable transportation
- May be required to later shift (11A-7PM) and weekends for maintenance as necessary. Later may transition to a 3-11PM or 4-12AM shift
- Responsible for shift transition and managing day-night transition
Based in Reston, VA, Harmony Information Systems, Inc. (HarmonyIS) provides the Human Services industry with the best in both products and...