- Expertise in the installation, testing, maintaining and troubleshooting of IP networking equipment (Cisco and Juniper devices preferred)
- Ability to install voice station equipment (VOIP) equipment in accordance with the requirement
- Ability to perform minor cabling to include new drops, patching and labeling
- Provide specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
- Familiar with installation standards and the use of cut sheets.
- Provide training to end users.
- Experience with a trouble ticketing systems (Remedy preferred).
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with customers in order to coordinate schedule for access to customer spaces and understand customer requirement.
- Candidate should have a Bachelors Degree +10 years or equivalent experience
- Clearance: TS required; SCI desirable or must be able to obtain an SCI
- Security+ certification preferred (required within 6 months of hire)
- ability to perform minor cabling
URS Corporation - a FORTUNE 500 Company - is a fully integrated engineering and technical services organization with the capabilities to support every stage of the project life cycle. URS provides these services for the U.S. federal government, national governments of other countries, state and local government agencies in the United States, FORTUNE 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We have approximately 50,000 employees in a network of offices in more than 30 countries. The Company's business is focused on four key market sectors: Federal, Infrastructure, Power, and Industrial & Commercial.
Combining deep experience in federal government with expertise driving the latest innovative technology advancements, the URS ISG (Information Solutions Group) delivers mission critical IT and communication solutions; defining, optimizing, and implementing IT solutions that help our clients achieve their mission. Areas of expertise include: Secure Cloud Computing, Integrated Cyber Solutions, Software and System Engineering, Enterprise Management and Network Engineering.
We are looking for a Lead Network Engineer to join our team at Fort Detrick in Frederick, Maryland!
- Provide and maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...