Greatbatch's Corporate Information Technology team has a new opportunity, and the primary purpose of this job is responsibility for Cisco network (UC) unified communications ensuring the stability and integrity of the global enterprises data, voice, and video and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks and wide area networks across the organization. In addition, the Lead Network Unified Communications Analyst will participate with the design, implementation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Responsible for the unified communications environment comprised of Cisco VoIP, Unity voicemail, WebEx, instant messaging clients, and enterprise wide video conferencing.
- Provides technical expertise to ensure that voice and data communications are sufficient, appropriate, and functioning to meet customer delivery service level goals.
- Ensures that voice and data systems perform at optimum and cost-effective levels, which includes building vendor relationships and vendor management (Cisco).
- Determines causes of systems malfunctions and directs or performs corrective actions.
- Assists the Network department in designing and implementing the global enterprise network.
- Performs installation of voice and network equipment.
- Key contributor in setting technical strategy direction in various voice and data systems disciplines.
- Develops work instructions, procedures, and policies in support of company Unified Communications requirements.
- Maintains technical architecture documentation keeping it current.Monitors Unified Communications links and telephony devices for failures and performance problems.
- Provides demand management technical and cost analysis in support of planning and budgetary efforts.
Solves highly technical complex problems.
- Assists with the transfer of knowledge of technical skills providing coaching to department network Associates.
- Participates in business continuity planning for infrastructure.
- Provides 7x24 on-call support for production UC systems as necessary including incident, problem, and change management.
- Performs other functions as required.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Business Information Systems, or related field of study required. Cisco Certified Voice Professional (CCVP) or Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP).
Miniumum Experience: Networking / Unified Communications experience, 5 plus years; Cisco Unified Call Manager experience, 5 plus years; Cisco Unity experience, 5 plus years; Cisco routing and switching experience, 5 plus years; Cisco WebEx experience, 5 plus years.
Specialized Knowledge : Project management experience strongly preferred but not required;LifeSize Video platform experience preferred but not required.
Special Skills: Technical knowledge of network hardware, including Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Cisco Firewalls, Cisco Access Points, and Cisco Phones; Advanced knowledge of VoIP technologies and actual implementation/support experience Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP protocol suite and QoS; Knowledge of voice and networking protocols, topologies, and technologies (TDM, LAN, WAN, Ethernet, ATM, MPLS, ISDN, DSL, Frame Relay); Strong Layer 2 & 3 Networking Skills (Cisco Switches\Routers); Effective business consulting skills including ability to establish rapport with key business leaders to collaborate and influence; Highly proficient oral and written communication capabilities as well as excellent presentation abilities.
Other: 15% travel expected.
Greatbatch - 22 months ago
ElectroChem Incorporated was founded in 1986 with a strong reputation for successful problem solving in the field of fuel cells - a...