s customers flock to our website, www.qvc.com, to shop for apparel, jewelry, beauty products, food, electronics, and more. Behind the thousands of product images they view on the website is a dedicated team of photographers who help bring those products to life.
Are you the talented Lead Photographer we are looking for to join this dynamic team? As Lead Photographer, under the general supervision of the Digital Studio Supervisor, you will:
• Provide work direction and technical assistance to the Production Photography team. Circulate throughout the team to prioritize and review work to maintain department quality and efficiency.
• In partnership with the Leadership team, develop skills of the Production Photography team, providing motivation and guidance to personnel by reviewing performance (quantity & quality) and providing feedback in a timely manner.
• Be responsible for Product/Lifestyle Photography as related to :
o Established Elevated Photography Standards
o LIVE photography support
o PeRC Requests (Non-TSV Lifestyle/Artwork)
o Product Detail Photography Requests
• Ensure accurate file metadata and naming conventions based on established departmental standards
• Ensure the product images are executed as needed to accomplish the established creative vision.
• Partner with Digital Studio Supervisor, Photo Art Director, .com Designers, or Selling Strategies Team as needed to facilitate the timely & accurate production of images as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Photography or related field or completion of trade and/or technical program in Photographer and/or certification.
• 7 years experience in Studio Photography.
• Expert Digital Photography skills as related to Image Production environments, including camera systems and workflow applications.
• Comprehensive skill set as related to Product Photography (framing, composition, lighting, etc.).
• Expert skills with imaging application such as Adobe Photoshop and related imaging applications.
• Superior knowledge of image composition techniques/concepts including but not limited to:
o Seamless multiple image combination
o Masking techniques
o Selection methods
• Understanding of imaging production environments, workflow and asset management concepts.
• Experience directing the work of other photographers in a studio environment.
• Strong interpersonal, negotiation, listening and oral/written communication skills.
• Good creative problem solving skills/abilities.
• Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel.
• Good time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines, ability to multi-task, strong analytical skills.
• Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with ever-changing priorities.
• Ability to work with limited direct supervision in order to accomplish tasks though partnerships with internal/external customers.
QVC, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation (Nasdaq: LINTA), is one of the largest multimedia retailers in the world. QVC is committed to providing its customers with thousands of the most innovative and contemporary beauty, fashion, jewelry and home products. Its programming is distributed to approximately 200 million homes worldwide. The company’s website, QVC.com, is ranked among the top general merchant Internet sites. With operations in the United Kingdom, Germany, Japan and Italy, West Chester, Pa.-based QVC has shipped more than a billion packages in its 26-year history. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
QVC, Inc. - 30+ days ago
The phones are ringing off the hook at television home shopping company QVC. QVC (its name stands for "quality, value, and convenience&...