Liftopia is in a major growth phase ($10's of millions in revenue) and needs a Senior Software Engineer to help get us to the next level. We power the ski industry with advanced yield management tools, and are the top retailer of ski lift tickets on the web. We have 30 employees, with a lean dev team of 6, doing weekly releases. We are taking on some huge challenges, and this role will be central in shaping our future.
In addition to healthy cash-flow, we are proud to be backed by all-star investors including: First Round Capital (early investors in Uber, Square, Mint and One Kings Lane), Lowercase Capital's Chris Sacca (Google, Twitter, Uber, Instagram), Dave Morin (Facebook, Path.com), Erik Blachford (Expedia, Inc./IAC Travel; Hipmunk, Room 77, Farecast), Sam Shank (HotelTonight), and Gregg Brockway (TripIt).
You'll be critical to technical decision-making and will guide code architecture towards high-availability design. You'll have the vision and pragmatism to evolve our platform from v1 to a scalable, geo-distributed, fault-tolerant system that our partners depend on to power their businesses.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Lead the charge to design and deploy our next generation platform that builds on all of our hard-won learnings.
- Own a platform processing millions of dollars per month and growing like crazy.
- Have the freedom to solve challenges creatively and make us thought-leaders in the space.
- Be instrumental in building up our capabilities and process from a very early stage.
Bonus Points If You:
- Has experience with Ruby on Rails, and has used RoR for at least 1 professional project.
- Has experience scaling the back-end of a tech company.
- Has experience with architecting and scaling a company using AWS or cloud based systems.
- Are comfortable with multiple languages (might we dare hope that you call yourself a Polyglot?!)
- Are familiar with Git.
How To Apply:
- Unlimited vacation
- Competitive salary
- Company powder perks including a ski retreat, special deals on equipment, lift tickets and more!
- Dog-friendly office
- Top-shelf hardware of your choice
- Meaningful equity
- All the redbull you can drink
- Downtown San Francisco office close to BART, Muni and CalTrain
- Health insurance / Bonus Pool
VentureLoop: Connect with Startups. Get in the Loop.
- The Sourcery will be the first point of contact.
- All applications receive a response.
- All applications are kept strictly confidential.
- To apply, click the link!
Find jobs at top startups backed by top venture capital firms.