Senior Process Engineer
Lead Process R&D Engineer
The Lead Process Engineer is a highly influential and visible member of the Materials R&D group with responsibility for providing process engineering expertise and leadership to new product development programs and product improvement initiatives.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical discipline.
- Five years or more of experience in a process development role.
- Established track record of successful process development through the application of DFSS tools.
- Demonstrated skill in solving complex product/process issues.
- Ability to drive change through influencing within and across organizational boundaries.
- Data driven and proactive.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Graduate degree (M.S./Ph.D.) in an engineering discipline.
- Web based polymer processing operations expertise (calendaring, coating, etc.).
- Experience with solvent based adhesives or topcoats.
- Provide process development expertise and support for new product developments.
- Manage process improvement initiatives and custom product developments.
- Collaborate with chemists and work with customers and suppliers on product design and material selection to assure robust manufacturability.
- Lead investigations into product quality issues; institutionalize corrective actions.
- Provide process engineering input in technical design reviews.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to junior R&D staff.
- Cultivate a network of support from cross functional teams (R&D, Operations,Marketing, Purchasing, Sales, and Product Management).
Brady Corporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect premises, products and people. Brady’s products help customers increase safety, security, productivity and performance and include high-performance labels and signs, safety devices, printing systems and software, and precision die-cut materials. Founded in 1914, the company has millions of customers in electronics, telecommunications, manufacturing, electrical, construction, education, medical and a variety of other industries. Brady is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and as of July 31, 2012 employed approximately 6,900 people at operations in the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. Brady’s fiscal 2012 sales were approximately $1.32 billion. Brady stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol BRC.
Brady Corporation - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
Brady Corporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect premises, products and...