Our product makes a difference.
We love amateur sports. So we make software that helps youth, high school and college teams be more efficient, informed and connected. Our mobile app and website provide scorekeeping, stats, live play-by-play updates, and instant recap stories for tens of thousands of teams, from the West LA Little League Brewers to the Milton High School Eagles. These teams count on GameChanger. We're proud to take on this responsibility and embrace the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of coaches, players, parents and fans.
Work isn’t everything.
We work hard, but we have lives outside of work and few rules. We also offer health benefits, a 401k plan, stock options, unlimited vacation, flexible work hours, two beer fridges, and weekly classes taught by GameChanger employees on a wide range of topics such as design principles, angel and VC funding, and fencing ( Check it out! ).
A curious and ambitious designer looking to make your mark on a young, growing product used by millions.
- Experienced (5+ years) with web or mobile application design.
- Excited about working with engineers as well as designers.
- Experienced in taking a product from sketch to production.
- Someone with a superb sense of typography, layout, and color theory.
- Understanding of the limitations and possibilities of current mobile application and web development.
- Able to rapidly prototype (sketch, paper, interactive) design concepts.
- Someone who gets a kick out of removing features.
- Help conceptualize and design new GameChanger (mobile and web) products and features.
- Design and refine interactions, flows and interfaces.
- Guide the products’ visual evolution across platforms.
- Educate the company on design practices.
- Spend time seeing how people use your designs.
The opportunity to learn boatloads from our talented engineers and designers, and you’ll have a chance to educate the entire team. We’ll challenge you to step up your game, so you make a real and tangible impact on of coaches, parents, athletes and fans.
You’ll spend significant face time with our users, which will make you a better designer.
Impress us with:
- A fine arts, computer science, HCI or graphic design background.
- Being outspoken with passion to defend your ideas.
- A creative pet project or two you’ve put together yourself.
- Solid experience with modern HTML/CSS/JS.
- Experience developing interactive prototypes for iOS and Android development tools.
- A passion for data visualization.
- Pet projects involving grid systems or design frameworks.
- Excitement and motivation when your design solution is proven unsuccessful.
- Your own font, or icon set.
GameChanger Media - 17 months ago