Position Title |
Lead Production Scheduler
Business Unit Description
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Specialty Chemicals and the Community Development and Land Management Group. We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. We help people keep track of their medications ( Dosepak ®, and Shellpak ® packaging), take care of their homes and gardens ( Mixor ® Trigger Sprayers) and their communities ( Evotherm ® asphalt). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life.
With about 15,000 employees worldwide, MWV operates in 30 countries and serves customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Production Scheduler will serve as the interface between individuals involved in the Sales and Operations Planning process and the Charleston Plant Operations group. The primary purpose for this position is to work with Division Planners to determine and execute daily/weekly/monthly production plans in order to meet all customer orders, inventory build requirements and related production needs. This position will receive specific plans regarding production needs from the Division Supply Manager. With these plans, this position is responsible for scheduling production within the different plant areas in the most effective and efficient fashion in order to safely maximize production/utilization output HOW YOU WILL IMPACT MWV
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Develop, deliver, and ensure execution of a daily, weekly and monthly production plan to the different production areas
- Work with the Material Planner to ensure all raw materials are available in advance of production campaigns by coordinating with Purchasing, Sales Managers, and at times vendors
- Effectively utilize the SAP production planning tool (APO) so that production planning is managed by the system rather than only individual expertise
- Utilize SAP Material Requirements Planning (MRP) as a tool to manage required levels of raw materials and related material/supplies
- Manage railcar movement in and out of the plant on a daily basis using QTS Plant Manager
- Support month end raw material inventory reconciliation
- Communicate with Customer Service about specific shipment confirmations and related details
- Production experience including production planning/scheduling and order management is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical (Engineering preferred) or related discipline (Supply Chain) strongly preferred
- A strong systems aptitude is required and a good understanding of SAP R3 and SAP Advanced Planner and Optimizer ( APO ) is strongly preferred
- Must have strong organization skills, strong written and very strong oral communication skills.
United States of America
MeadWestvaco - 30+ days ago
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...