of Open Systems will be responsible for the project management of projects involving the Distributed Computing Areas such as Production, Configuration, Deployment and R&D. This role will also focus on planning and efficiencies within the Open Systems organization.
- Manage a suite of internal Distributed Computing projects, including but not limited to: R&D testing/certification of new hardware/software configurations, continued expansion of the virtualization efforts, environmental hardening efforts
- Gather requirements from Distributed Computing and other IT support areas for critical technology projects
- Develop detailed project plans for the rollout of new applications or initiatives impacting the Distributed Computing area
- Collaborate with Technology departments in both development and support
- Work closely with the Enterprise Solutions division to ensure Distributed Computing is engaged early on in project requirements
- Communicate the overall status of projects and data center related projects to senior management, including analysis of potential project milestone risk
- Work closely with Enterprise Architecture and Technology Financials to identify efficiencies and cost reducing opportunities within Distributed Computing and other support areas
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Identify resources needed, assign individual responsibilities, and manage Gantts effectively
- Oversee day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
- Effectively apply our methodology and enforces project standards
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
As the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group ( www.cmegroup.com ) is where the world comes to manage risk. Based in Chicago, with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Calgary, Houston, São Paulo, Singapore, Tokyo and Washington D.C., our team of more than 2,500 employees has an impact on the global economy every day. We offer:
- BA/BS degree in areas such as finance, information technology/computer science or general business
- At least 10 years of experience working on IT-related projects with a strong familiarity with technical concepts, including but not limited to system configuration and networking
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Certified PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work with stakeholders at all levels, technical and non-technical, in a positive and team-affirming manner
- Experience with electronic trading or Clearing back office applications is a plus
The widest range of global benchmark futures and options available across all major asset classes;
The most advanced trading technology;
Industry-leading clearing and risk management capabilities;
A relentless customer focus, serving leading investment and commercial banks, hedge funds, proprietary trading firms, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, asset managers, corporations and individual traders; and,
A great place to work.
With this strong foundation in place, we are looking to continue growing our business in both listed and over-the-counter markets. To support this growth, we are seeking highly motivated individuals to help foster our corporate culture and uphold our core values of leading with conviction and integrity, advancing the global economy, building lasting relationships and acting with ingenuity every day.
We hope you will consider joining our world-class team.
CME Group - 5 months ago
CME Group Inc., formerly Chicago Mercantile Exchange Holdings Inc., offers a range of products available across all asset classes, including...