Schafer Corporation is a scientific and engineering company providing solutions to mission critical challenges in national security, information technology, and
communications. We offer a broad array of innovative products and services to address our customers' most complex technology-related needs. We provide
integrated solutions that advance technology and improve operations. We understand our customer's challenges and work hard to deliver effective
Schafer has a requirement for a SETA to provide Project Management support to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for major systems acquisitions programs. The SETA will coordinate the planning, acquisition, development, test & evaluation, delivery, installation and deployment of systems/equipment to support DHS Counter Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) programs.
Tasks to be performed include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare draft acquisition documents (e.g., Program/Project Plan, Acquisition Plan, Acquisition Program Baseline, Mission Needs Statement, Concept of Operations etc.) and updates as necessary in accordance with the DHS Acquisition Directive 102-01 and DHS Acquisition Instruction/Guidebook 102-01-for counter WMD systems
(rad/nuc, chemical, biological and explosives).
- Monitor and track status of Prime Contractors cost, schedule and technical performance. Review and evaluate prime contractors monthly cost (including Earned Value Management System) and schedule progress reports. Identify issues and provide status provide status of action items to the Federal Program Manager.
- Coordinate with the program COTR to monitor and tracks status of prime contractor Contract Deliverable Line Items (CDRLs). Ensure
all CDRLs are delivered in accordance with contract requirements. Distribute CDRLS to the program team and coordinate CDRL reviews and comment resolution meetings. Review CDRLs for accuracy and content and provide comments to the Federal Program Manager.
- Assist the Federal Program Manager in preparing acquisition milestone
briefs (i.e. ADEs) and program status briefings.
- Prepare, update and maintain integrated program schedules for all activities associated with the acquisition, development, test, evaluation, delivery, installation and deployment of systems/equipment.
- Monitor and track status of action items. Coordinate with Prime Contractor, DOE labs, internal activities and other contractors as required to research and resolve action items. Prepare, update and maintain action item status reports and provide status to the Federal Program Manager.
- Prepare draft Technical Instructions, Task Orders and Statements of Work as directed.
- Research/resolve various technical, programmatic and budget issues as directed.
- Assist the Federal Program Manager in prepare draft responses to Congressional level inquiries and Exec-Sec suspense actions.
- Maintain an electronic and/or hard copy repository of all program documentation as directed by the Program Manager.
- Assist the Program Manager in developing program budget execution requirements to support annual and out year budget reviews for the Future Years Homeland Security Plan (FYHSP) and Congressional Justification (CJ).
- Provide program cost and schedule inputs for the OMB300s and quarterly reports.
- Attend staff meetings, contractor Program Management Reviews, SRRs, PDRs, CDRs etc, and other relevant program meetings as directed by the Program Manager. Prepare draft meeting agendas, materials,
minutes and action items.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of DHS.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- BS/BS Degree.
- 10 years of experience in support of DOD or DHS programs.
- Ability to work without constant supervision or support; proactive and conscientious work habits.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships in a multi-agency matrix organization that is comprised of Federal Employees, Detailees,
Intergovernmental Personnel and Executive Level personnel within and external to organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Project).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and respond to quick turn-around requests.
- Certification in Program Management
Schafer Corporation is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Schafer offers a professional working environment, competitive salary and superior benefits.
Schafer Corporation - 8 months ago
Schafer Corporation is a scientific and engineering company providing technical solutions to mission critical challenges in national...