This position is located in the Hollywood, Florida office.
Under the guidance and direction of the Director, General Purchasing and Special Projects and the Vice President, Florida Regional Operations, the Corporate Services Manager acts as a liaison for the EmblemHealth NY Facilities and Corporate Service Departments and the EHA Office. The incumbent shall develop the strategic sourcing and procurement methodologies in order to deliver cost-effective and budget sensitive goods and services. This position is responsible for meeting Senior Management expectations in planning and scheduling a variety of projects and events, as required. The scope of this position works with multiple departments within EmblemHealth which includes oversight of all Corporate Services, including Purchasing, Office Services, Receiving and Mail Center. The candidate must possess the ability to champion new ideas in order to create and sustain a world-class environment.
• MANAGE vendors regarding quality, standardization, servicing and delivery of potential purchases of office equipment, supplies, furniture, services and other commodities as directed.
• OBTAIN solicitation of quotes by researching, identifying and qualifying suppliers. Makes recommendation to departments regarding vendor selection. Process purchase orders for all goods and services. Manage daily workflow of requisitioning and purchase order processing in the procurement of goods and services.
• MANAGE, COORDINATE and ORGANIZE the daily receiving of all goods and services including the installation of office equipment, furniture, accessories, etc. Expedite late orders and incorrect shipments.
• LIAISE with the Facilities Assistant Director to review requirements, supply specifications and equipment standards, and monitor the requisition and purchase order process for projects. Follow up with suppliers to confirm placement of orders and delivery dates. Oversee the coordination of the deliveries, installations and payment processes. Assist in the budget preparation. Track Facilities project costs through PeopleSoft. Accurately code invoices and other documents, including asset and capital plan budget numbers.
• MANAGE and DEVELOP the processes and procedures for all Facilities procurement and contracts including interacting with Contracts team and internal customers to ensure projects meet compliance.
• EVALUATE and MONITOR systems and procedures. Propose needed reforms while developing quality improvement actions and best practices necessary to enhance compliance efficiency of operations.
• MANAGE, DEVELOP, and MENTOR Corporate Services staff.
• ENSURE the integrity of the asset tagging process by monitoring that all assets are entered into PeopleSoft appropriately and tagged accordingly.
• COMMUNICATE frequently with internal customers to determine their current and future equipment and supply needs and relay that information to the buyer.
• WORK with the Purchasing team to develop scope of work for RFP’s for needed supplies and services
• REVIEW vendor usage and miscellaneous reports on a regular basis to maintain vendor accounts, control costs and to ensure services meet requirements.
• PERFORM special projects and prepare reports as requested by management. Make recommendations for changes based on current business requirements.
• MANAGE and COORDINATE all office services meetings and catering set-up service as required by Senior Management.
• SERVE as an active participating member of the Business Continuity Team, directly responsible for service suppliers in Fuel, Generator, Catering, Paper Records, Portable Restrooms and Water as required.
• Regular attendance is an essential function of the job. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Position Success Criteria:
• The ideal candidate will possess a thorough understanding of purchasing procedures and processes. Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills are essential. The incumbent must be adept at working and communicating with prospective vendors, internal clients and senior management. Strong organization ability and administrative skill level sufficient to schedule and coordinate installation of office equipment, furniture, meeting set-ups, special projects, etc., for all HIP locations is essential. Knowledge of operations and the ability to articulate business requirements, review data, develop procedures and recommend improvements is critical to the success of the incumbent. The ability to supervise staff, evaluate performance and set objectives is required. Proven ability to work independently while managing multiple tasks and deadlines, and knowledge of how to prioritize them is required. The qualified candidate must utilize independent action and discretion in order to make sound procurement decisions and effectively manage vendors.
Education and Experience:
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business, or related field with three to five years of procurement, receiving and shipping experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
Internal posting close date: 2/14/13
EmblemHealth is set on being the mark of good health in the Northeast. The not-for-profit company provides health...