Position Title |
Lead Quail Hunting Guide
Business Unit Description
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Specialty Chemicals and the Community Development and Land Management Group.
We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. We help people keep track of their medications (Dosepak®, and Shellpak® packaging), take care of their homes and gardens (Mixor® Trigger Sprayers) and their communities (Evotherm® asphalt). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life.
With about 15,000 employees worldwide, MWV operates in 30 countries and serves customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
Established in 1928, Cabin Bluff enjoys a rich history and heritage as a world-class hunting and fishing destination. Host to Presidents and distinguished sporting enthusiasts from around the world, Cabin Bluff retains a rough-hewn quality, yet has not relinquished its standing as a destination built upon simple elegance and attention to service. In addition to coastal fishing, a unique golf experience crafted by Davis Love III, and a 10-station sporting clays course, Cabin Bluff offers over 1,500 acres of diverse quail courses. Watching our dogs work in the longleaf and slash pine timber is a sight to behold. Cabin Bluff is proud to be a Beretta Trident Lodge with a One Trident Rating for excellence in upland bird hunting.
MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Experienced Dog Trainer and Lead Quail Hunting Guide will implement management decisions and provide day-to-day operational leadership for the quail hunting program at Cabin Bluff in order to promote quality guest experiences in all regards. HOW YOU WILL IMPACT MWV
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Plan, manage, and administer all aspects of quail hunting, quail pen care, and quail habitat maintenance
- Promote quality guest services and assist Cabin Bluff guests in their quail hunting experience
- Train and evaluate high quality dogs for hunting and breeding; recommend purchase and/or sale of dogs as appropriate
- Monitor the condition of all quail hunting areas; direct projects that involve maintenance of these areas to include burning, mowing, spraying, and planting
- Monitor the logging in and out of firearms and conduct inventory on firearms
- Monitor the condition of field equipment; facilitate repairs on such equipment when required
- Manage and maintain Cabin Bluff quail hunting buggies
- Ensure all quail hunting guests receive a safety orientation before hunting activties
- Monitor quality of hunts and facilitate improvements when needed
- Clean and process harvested game
- Transport guests to designated hunting areas safely
- Supervise, schedule, and manage quail hunting guide staff
- Provide assistance to other Cabin Bluff activities, projects, and staff where needed
- Thorough understanding of quail pen maintenance
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a professional quail guide
- A valid automobile driver’s license
- Knowledge related to general wildlife management techniques
- Ability to implement game management program for quail and articulate the objectives of this program to Cabin Bluff staff and guests
- Thorough understanding of bird dog training, kennel and dog maintenance, and breeds
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
- General MS Office computer skills
- Ability to operate farming equipment such as tractors, ATV's, and implements
- Exceptional people skills, including conflict resolution skills, a positive attitude, an innovative spirit, and the ability to work efficiently and effectively with staff
- Ability to operate without direct supervision and be self-motivated, persistent, confident, tenacious, and have a passion for hunting and fishing hospitality
- Flexibility in work hours and schedule; job requires working long hours, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to report to work as scheduled, neatly groomed, and in compliance with company dress code
- Ability to kneel, crouch, squat, climb, stand, sit, balance, reach, bend, push, pull and walk for prolonged periods
- Ability to work for extended time periods in an outdoor environment, including sun, heat, cold, wind, rain, and higher than normal noise levels
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with accuracy
- Ability to lift, carry, pull and push up to 75 lbs. repeatedly throughout a shift
- May be exposed to mechanical, electrical, chemical and fume hazards
United States of America
MeadWestvaco - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...