Pennsy Supply Inc
Job Requisition ID: 25774
Job Type: Quality Management / Control
Work Time: Regular
State: Pennsylvania (US-PA)
Postal/Zip Code: PA
Lead Quality Control Technician
Would you like to put your quality control experience to use for a growing company? Do you value safety and customer service? If so, we want you to apply today to become our next Lead Quality Conrol Technician.
Job Description Summary
- Conduct safety assessments, and ensure that technicians have a complete understanding of the company’s safety program.
- Monitor Plant Technician’s daily activity at several locations to ensure testing and documentation is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Keep Quality Assurance Managers updated on any pertinent quality or personnel issues.
- Act as a liaison between Quality Assurance Managers and Technicians to maintain information flow.
- Work with Quality Assurance Managers to ensure that Technicians receive the training that they need to be successful in their jobs.
- Ensure constant communication with other departments through visits to Dispatch, Sales, Customer Service, and Transportation.
- Mentor all employees and ensure that they have the tools/knowledge necessary to do their jobs through on the job training and formal evaluations
- Attend job meetings and pre-pour meetings to ensure complete understanding of what the job will entail
- Act as liaison between lab and field. Ensure products are up to quality standards at both ends
- Perform lab technician duties as needed
- Support Sales Team as needed
- All other duties as assigned
Five years QC experience
Must have valid PA driver’s license.
Must be able to work with customers and employees; have teamwork attitude.
Excellent computer skills and proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
Ability to do basic math
Must be able to work in a safe and efficient manner.
Able to work independently with attention to detail
Able to respond to stressful situations and customers in a professional, courteous manner
Ability to effectively prioritize assignments to meet long-term and short-term deadlines
Excellent organizational skills.
Able to write reports, document findings, and procedures, and to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
Able to work various times during day, night or weekend hours, at various locations
Able to talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to type, manipulate objects, or controls
Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus
Able to move/carry objects up to 50 lbs
The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate
What Oldcastle offers you
About Pennsy Supply
- Competitive wages based on experience
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits as well company provided disability and life insurance
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion.
Pennsy Supply operated in Pennsylvania as a family run business producing asphalt, aggregates, and concrete as well as providing construction services until joining the Oldcastle family in 1993. With being a part of the Oldcastle family they are now a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form Oldcastle. Oldcastle is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the Unites States. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Materials is a great place to grow! Are you up for the challenge of joining our team? We invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please take 10 minutes to complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in expanding your career with Oldcastle Materials!
Pennsy Supply Inc is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Pennsy Supply Inc is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle - 19 months ago
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...