Lead Registered Nurse Care Manager |
- LifeLong Chronic Care Initiative The Lead RN Care Manager partners with the LCCI Project Lead and multidisciplinary team to reach out, engage, and support medically complex individuals with disabilities to better manage their own health and healthcare. S/he provides leadership in the development, implementation and assessment of the project, promoting the triple Aim goals of improved patient care, improved health outcomes, and reduced costs.
Patient care responsibilities includes:
- Partner with the Project Lead to develop the LifeLong Chronic Care Initiative.
- Champion the Independent Living Movements strength-based philosophy in the clinical care setting.
- Provide quality patient care via the development, implementation & evaluation of individual patient care plans in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team.
- Support patients during times of transitions to prevent avoidable hospital readmissions, skilled nursing utilization and emergency department use.
- Conduct case care conferences with multidisciplinary team members, patients and family/caregiver(s)
- Supervise RN Case Managers.
Qualifications: Candidates must have Valid CA RN license and current BLS certification. Advanced knowledge of care management models and assessment techniques. Understand the issues related to living with a disability and enthusiasm for integrating the Independent Living Movements strength-based approach in the primary care clinic setting. Must have strong oral, written and interpersonal skills. Experience with electronic health records, specifically NextGen (strongly preferred). At least two years clinical experience, especially in the area of chronic care management in a community health care setting.
About LifeLong Medical Care: LifeLong provides high-quality health and social services to people of all ages; creates models of care for the elderly, people with disabilities, and families; and advocates for continuous improvements in the health of our communities. LifeLong Medical Care operates 10 community clinics in Alameda and Contra Costa counties, a Supportive Housing Program, two Adult Day Health Centers and three school based health centers. We currently serve over 44,000 patients in 234,000+ visits annually. Our services and programs continue to expand with the needs of the communities we serve.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits: medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, dependent and domestic partner coverage, 403(b) retirement savings plan and tuition reimbursement program. To learn more about our health center, please see our website: www.lifelongmedical.org
LifeLong Medical Care is an Equal opportunity employer
LifeLong Medical Care - 18 months ago
LifeLong provides high-quality health and social services to people of all ages; creates models of care for the elderly, people with...