The MWR Strike Zone Bowling Center's mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
Carlisle Barracks Morale Welfare and Recreation
Will be working at the Strike Zone Bowling Center. Will be required to do a wide variety of task from but not limited to, training new employees, checking in guest to the occasional helping guest at the snack bar.
Direct Deposit is required
Social Security card is required
In a patron usage facility (Bowling Center), circulates among patrons to assure service is satisfactory; receives and resolves customer complaints; provides information and general instructions on the use of equipment, facilitates and machinery.
Assists patrons in use of the facility by checking out equipment, providing safety instructions, demonstrating new equipment, teaching classes, etc.
Plans, conducts, publicize and arrange support for special events, social activities, tournaments and related functions.
Leads the work of other employees. Passes on to other workers instructions received from the supervisor and starts work. Distributes and balances work- load assuring that each employee has enough work to keep busy. Answers questions of other employees on procedures, policies, and directives. Provides leadership, guidance and oversight in program operations. Provides on-the job training to new employees.
Work experience, which involved dealing with general public.
Work experience related to Bowling activities and facilities.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
6. Occupational Health Assessments.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies:
Demonstrate experience at a Supervisory Level
Knowledge of Bowling Center procedures
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and Sick leave, Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan, Health and Life Insurance, Long Term Care Plan Insurance and Flexible Spending Account. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
Conversion of employment category (from Flex to RPT/RFT) may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3.
To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 18 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...