Title: Lead Representative, Customer Operations Support
Location: Maryland-Baltimore-Baltimore- FIELD Baltimore Mtr
Job Number: 13003236
JOB TITLE: Lead Representative, Customer Operations Support
At Cardinal Health, we're developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Function: Customer Service
Family: Customer Operations Support
What Customer Operations Support contributes to Cardinal Health
Responsible for providing outsourced services to customers relating to medical billing, medical reimbursement, and/or other services by acting as a liaison in problem-solving, research and problem/dispute resolution.
What is expected of you for success in your role
- Demonstrates both depth and breath of knowledge of product/service features and how products are used in customers'' businesses.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
- Evaluates customer requests and ensures proper action is taken.
- Performs billing and collection activities, including verification and pre-billing in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responds to billing questions from patients and third party payers.
- Creates and maintains customer files.
- Prepares monthly reports.
- Provides appropriate level of customer support on complex customer issues.
- Coordinates problem resolution.
- Documents product/service issues and resolution techniques for the benefit of the team.
- Shares learning experiences with other team members about product issues and resolution techniques to improve overall effectiveness.
- Provides comprehensive level of customer support by explaining products/services for alternatives and customer solutions.
- Shares information and learning experiences with other team members about customer solutions.
What is expected of you and others at this level in Customer Service for functional success
Accountabilities in this role
- Recover drugs that are administered or dispensed to indigent patients without third part prescription coverage
- Build relationships with and act as liaison to doctors, patients and pharmaceutical companies regarding program systems and processes
- Answer questions regarding the Cardinal Health policies and procedures related to the reimbursement program
- Routinely visit key contacts within the health system to ensure high level of service and assist in program participation
- Maintain daily contact with patients, nurses, doctors, social services, pharmacy personnel, drug sales reps and pharmaceutical companies
- Discuss medication options with physician and patient based on accessibility and availability (outpatient environment)
- Answer pharmacy's questions regarding day to day operational issues, product/vendor information
- Manage and process applications to pharmaceutical manufacturer's Patient Assistance Programs" for recovery of drugs administered/dispensed to indigent patients without third party coverage
- Educate physician, patient and drug companies on program mission, guidelines, requirements and appropriate referral
- Extensive patient evaluation/counseling to determine eligibility for assistance
- Identify and resolve rejected applications, including accessing comparable drug regimen
- Refer patients that do not qualify for programs to other outside assistance, i.e., local charities
- Manage drug recovery application process
- Monitor and track value of drugs recovered for billing and reporting
- Bachelor''s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 years work experience
- Prior computer experience using Microsoft Office systems required
- Strong Project Management & Customer Service skills
- Must be able to travel. Position will be based 2/3 out of Med Star in Balitimore and 1/3 out of Cumberland Western Maryland Health Systems
- Ability to work under low level of supervision
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry / pharmaceutical technician highly desired
Cardinal Health - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a $108 billion health care services company that improves the...