Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is located on Florida’s Emerald Coast between Pensacola and Panama City, eight miles east of Destin. The 2,400-acre Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is the premier destination in Northwest Florida.
The magic of Sandestin begins with our staff. Whether you are thinking of changing careers or you have heard our name and want to find out what the buzz is all about, we just might have the perfect opportunity in our resort’s job openings for you to excel in the hospitality industry.
• Provides excellent Customer service to guests in the store
• Successfully follows a transaction through from start to finish by greeting the customer, assisting them in the fitting rooms, and ringing them up at the Point of Sale
• Operates point of sale by passing price coded items across electronic scanner to record price and display cost of customer purchase, tax, and rebates on monitor screen.
• Reads and records totals shown on cash register tape and verifies against cash on hand.
• Exemplifies excellent product knowledge of on-hand and upcoming items in the stores
• Assists with customer service and point of sale training for new associates.
• Assists with processing new stock and merchandising the store.
• Supervises sales Associates and gives them tasks and follows up to make sure the tasks are completed
• Assists Store Manager with Markdowns and Inventory Management
• Takes ownership of the store in which they work and shows initiative
• Successfully Manages a client book and calls their customers to inform about sales, specials, new stock, etc.
• Observes stock levels and communicates reorder information to store manager.
The Lead Sales Associate Supervises the Sales Associates in their respective stores.
Education and/or Experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• College Degree Preferred but not required
• Point of Sale experience and general working knowledge of retail sales
• 2-5 Years of Retail Experience
• 2-5 Years of Merchandising Experience
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Inventory software, Point of Sale Software, and Word Processing software. Basic Knowledge of Excel is also required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Sandestin - 2 years ago