- Assist the Manager of Revenue Accounting in supervising the Gold River revenue accounting cash and GL team, including training new and existing team members and developing/enforcing policies and procedures.
- Performing collection duties by contacting carriers to ensure timely commission, bonus, and sponsorship/technology licensing payments. Escalate issues as needed.
- Lead research and analysis requests required on statements/payments prior to being loaded/processed in the Revenue Recognition System (RRS).
- Review the revenue forecast to ensure that commission and bonus payments are received in a timely manner.
- Prepare the daily UnAssigned Report including assigning some tasks to team members.
- Validate payments and statements in the Cash Receipts System (CRS) including product break-outs and receipt dates.
- Assist the revenue accounting cash and GL team with complex analysis tasks.
- Interface with internal and external contacts including Carrier Relations, Director of Financial Systems, carriers, and auditors to ensure the Company is receiving accurate, complete, and timely revenue payments.
- Create, add/change statuses, and close JIRA issues.
- Write and maintain procedures related to the analysis, research, audits, and reporting functions.
- Complete quarterly improvements to the statements and payments by contacting the carriers. Maintain tracking spreadsheet of improvements requested.
- Provide backup support to Revenue Specialists including capturing commission eStatements, reviewing for statement integrity, reconciling payments to statements for tie-out, and preparing them for processing.
- Maintain deposit binders in accordance with department guidelines.
- Special projects assigned by Management.
- Complete other monthly deliverables as assigned.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with strict attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – verbal and written.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Access. For Excel, ability to create VLOOKUP formulas and other formulas for analysis and review functions.
- Organized and able to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Ability to work independently, performing to high standards of productivity and accuracy.
- Prior experience in Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable.
- Prior experience in Collections.
- Prior experience with data analysis, trending, and management reporting.
- Ability and willingness to meet critical deadlines.
- Demonstrates independent decision making on medium to difficult issues with little or no assistance from the manager.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal and external teams, from staff to executive management.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
- High School diploma.
Prior experience in the insurance or healthcare industry, specifically with regard to the payment or collection of commissions.
BA/BS in Business or Accounting preferred.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.