GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
As a Lead Robotic Systems Engineer you will work with GE Global Research, GE Business teams, and other external GE partners to define, build, and execute strategic research and development programs focused on building core robotic systems, autonomy technologies, and other cyber-physical systems aligned with GE’s Brilliant Machines and Industrial Internet initiatives/
- Develop, lead and grow new technology concepts with strategic impact focused on autonomy and robotics technologies and the Industrial Internet.
- Lead the development of new autonomous systems technology.
- Interface with business leaders and external partners and provide direction and guidance for technology roadmaps.
- Identify key technical issues and produce cutting-edge technical breakthroughs in the area of autonomy and robotic systems
- Actively drive design, architecture, and development efforts.
Want to learn more about the Distributed Intelligent Systems Lab in Niskayuna? Click
- Doctorate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline with at least 3 years of experience developing autonomy solutions for a diverse set of problems (planning, positioning, perception. Etc.)
- Experience in design and development of distributed cyber-physical systems, autonomous robotic systems, simulation environments and human-robot interfaces
- Significant experience related to systems architecture, design, and system integration
- Familiarity with core artificial intelligence concepts including path planning, kinematic and dynamic modeling of robots, perception, graphical simulation, and GUIs.
- Significant Experience in C/C++ programming
- Experience with the ROS software package
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
This position is eligible for The Employee Referral Program.
Imagine what GE Global Research will make happen next. If you are ready to join us, click on the “Apply to job” button below.
- 5 or more years working with embedded robotics platforms developing online algorithms
- 2 or more years Programming in python or ruby.
- Experience with wireless sensor networks, and wireless communication protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to convert high-level customer needs into a technical development strategy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Communicate effectively both in written and oral English;
- Self-motivated, innovative, willing to pursue new technical areas and capable of working independently.
- Possesses superior problem solving skills, and independent decision making abilities, all while operating in an extremely demanding, fast-paced team setting.
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Save to cart
GE Careers - 30+ days ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...