Lead ABAP software developer within an SAP ECC 6.0 environment
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create & maintain technical specifications for all development work. Be able to multi-task development work along with working with other team members (developers and Business system analysts -BSA).
- Define, prioritize, schedule, and monitor project development tasks in collaboration with project managers.
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implement corrective actions.
- Develop business relationships and integrate activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support project efforts.
- Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels.
- Perform analysis, and design through the use of modeling techniques.
- Comply with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices.
- As directed, develop and maintain application interfaces, reports, conversion programs, and custom functionality.
- Assess detailed specifications from IT Business Analyst, from which programs will be written.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document programs.
- Assist with production support issues
- Understand emerging technology and infrastructure as it relates to development and architecture (operating systems, security, hardware, etc.)
- Enforce standards for development and documentation such as naming conventions, revision notes, version control, etc.
- Assist in developing evaluation criteria for applications development software vendors, applications, tools, and code.
- Scope is corporate-wide
- Must be able to work with both users and technical staff
- Regular contact with peers in business units and IT personnel
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent work experience and/or technical training is required.
- Minimum 8 eight years of experience in the software development process including business and technical requirements gathering and analysis, design, selection of tools and technologies, release and version control and testing methodologies.
- At least 5 years of ABAP development and 2 years of experience working with SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio in an ECC 6.0 environment.
- Developer must be experienced with interface/dialog programming, report development with ALV's, ABAP query & quick viewer, BSP and the NetWeaver Developer Studio.
- Candidate must have leadership qualities, able to manage own time, ability to coordinate with BSA or other developers on projects.
- Provide accurate development effort & time estimates.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work well on cross-functional project teams, and foster team commitment to tasks
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills and ability to create original concepts/ theories for a variety of projects.
- Understand functional specifications followed by writing corresponding technical design specifications
- Ability to adhere to strict development standards and conduct code reviews
- Ability to formulate and execute unit test plans, performance test plans & validating business requirements
- Ability to propose alternate development solutions, and communicate pros & cons
- Provide support on configuration & reporting requirements
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Ability to mentor other developers on the team
o Experience with HCM logical databases & data structures
- Knowledge of ECC 6.0 Human Resource functions
o Experience Enhancing infotypes & creating customer-specific infotypes
o NetWeaver Developer Studio tools
- Solid understanding of operating system fundamentals: Unix and Windows.
- Understanding of relational databases and database design fundamentals, with experience in Oracle.
- Creation of data elements, domains, tables & search helps
- Experience with SAP-Script & Smart-Forms
- Experience report development with ALV's, drill down & EXEC_SQL
- Understand R/3 CTS details & migration process
- Along with a general understanding of the development workbench, should be proficient in the use of:
o Web Dynpro
o Web Services
Headquartered in Bloomington, MN, The Toro Company delivers innovation through a surprising array of products. For nearly 100 years, our ideas have transformed the way professionals and homeowners create beautiful outdoor environments. An excellent reputation, strong brands, ethical business practices, and a culture founded on trust and respect are ideals shared by our employees.
With annual revenue of approximately $1.9 billion, Toro consistently delivers strong financial performance and market leadership. More than 5,000 global employees form a strong community with a world of opportunities to learn and contribute.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Toro Company - 10 months ago