Eaton Corporation located in Houston, TX has an opening for a Lead Sales Representative. This position will be responsible for achieving the assigned sales quota and managing all aspects of the relationship with the assigned customer base.
The selected candidate will perform the following duties:
• Develop and implement sales plans
• Sell assigned product (lines) to targeted customers with the objective of optimizing sales volume, product mix, and profit margin
• Provide technical assistance to customers, distributors, resellers and end users as needed
• Sign up value added resellers (VAR) to sell Eaton’s Data Center products (e.g. Airflow Management products, enclosures, etc.) and technical furniture solutions.
• Manage the day to day relationships with value added resellers, driving them to pro-actively sell product.
• Execute marketing strategies to assist the Resellers in selling more products (e.g. e-mail blasts, floor days, joint seminars, SPIFFs, etc.)
• Be aware of and responsive to market conditions and competitive activities; communicate such information internally and drive corrective strategies or actions
• Maintain cooperative and credible working relationship with other company personnel to assure customer satisfaction
• Plan promotional activities and presentations with key channel partners and end users to elevate products and solutions over competitors
• Assist resellers in establishing pricing tactics
• Assist sales with bid strategy and quotations to customers using company price and delivery guidelines, and use sound business judgment to enhance volume and margins
• Implement new product programs as needed
• Collect, and analyze and utilize market intelligence data on competitive products, customer needs, preferences and buying habits
• Provide necessary reports, surveys and maintain salesforce.com as requested by first level manager in a timely manner
• Experience working directly with end customers and/or resellers in the technical office furniture and console market (emergency operations, public safety, network operations) and/or in the mission critical, information technology, and power quality market.
• Experience working with distributors and resellers.
• Commercial knowledge, ability to technically sell data center products, technical furniture, consoles, and electrical products and package power quality solutions.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated, able to work independently in the field and manage long sales cycles
• Strong team player that actively contributes to the group’s success
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in addition to strong organizational skills
• Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize and balance workload
• Strong computer skills with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and the Internet
• Experience managing large key accounts, including Fortune 500 customers
• Bachelor’s degree in Business preferred
• 3 years of progressive business to business sales experience preferred.
• Experience with other types power quality and/or technical furniture products preferred.
• Experience selling to customers in the Oil & Gas Industry or other Command and Control Environments
Eaton Corporation is a diversified power management company with more than 100 years of experience providing energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power. With 2011 sales of $16.0 billion, Eaton is a global technology leader in electrical components and systems for power quality, distribution and control; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulics and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has approximately 73,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries
Eaton is a power management company with 2013 sales of $22.0 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers...