Responsible for servicing and inspecting rental vehicles for customer use, transporting vehicles from servicing area to customer pick-up, maintaining gas logs on vehicles and maintaining cleanliness of work area.
• Clean and service rental vehicles for customer use (including washing, fueling, gassing, adding air and fluids and associated preparations); review inspection checklist to ensure vehicles are properly prepared and meet quality criteria.
• Transport customers to and from the rental center as required.
• Locate and deliver vehicles to appropriate locations as directed.
• Sweep and clean service area and maintain equipment, tools and adequate cleaning supplies.
• Maintain gas logs and other logs as requested by management.
• Inspect and park valet cars as directed.
• Coordinate and inspect vehicles for internal and external damage, arrange for repairs as needed and prepare vehicles for turnback.
• Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to operate large shuttle vehicles.
• Ability to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
• General knowledge of automobile mechanics with the ability to pay attention to detail.
• Ability to write clearly and concisely.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions.
• Ability to present a professional, enthusiastic attitude through effective communication skills to promote a positive impression of Dollar to customers and employees.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
• Previous work experience preferred.
• Valid driver's license as required by state.
Thrifty drivers looking to get the most for a buck might try Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group (DTG), which rents cars under the Dollar Rent A...