The Lead person directs and assists in the work activities of department employees. The Lead person performs a variety of service repairs and drives a daily service repair route, the majority of which involves in home service calls. The Lead person position requires seasonal availability for a six day workweek (8-12 hours per day). The work is performed indoors & outdoors and involves climbing ladders walking on elevated platforms and driving in all manner of weather conditions.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees in this position. This not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
- Oversee service technician activities per standard operating procedures, MPS, and Philosophy.
- Work with CSR Lead in the assignment and supervision of personnel in order to achieve an efficient operation at all times.
- Assists personnel in analyzing and correcting problems encountered in job assignments in order to perform work according to standard operating procedures.
- Assist CSR lead to see that all service requests orders are followed through properly to completion and are filled out properly prior to turning in.
- Provide orderly and efficient changeover to next shift Lead person.
- Ensure service tools and equipment is properly maintained and accounted for at all times.
- Hold direct reports and service team accountable to following standard work policies and procedures
- Keep informed of changes and new procedures in service operations.
- Incorporates Milgard’s vision and values into day-to-day activities and behaviors; guides and motivates others to remain committed to the Milgard philosophy.
- Ensure safety of personnel and compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION:
Oversees department employees
Knowledge of service, delivery operations, distribution legalities and employee management
High School diploma or GED
- Read, write and understand the English language
- Compute basic math problems involving fractions, addition, subtraction, division and multiplication
- Possess mechanical aptitude
- Sense of urgency and self-motivation; ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and customer service skills
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Ability to motivate personnel
Milgard does not tolerate discrimination of any type, and offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, age, disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other considerations made unlawful by Federal, State or local laws. We believe in providing eligible and qualified employees with opportunities to advance. Milgard is an at-will employer.
- Prolonged vehicle driving, in home service calls, light and heavy commercial environment, lifting, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, standing, walking & Hand dexterity strength
- Good hand eye coordination and the ability to discern colors
- Overtime may be required, including some weekends
Milgard - 10 months ago