Cambridge International Systems, Inc.
Cambridge designs, implements, and operates communication solutions across the United States and around the world. Cambridge creates solutions and provides services in: Network Design/Operation; RF Engineering; Satellite Communications; Surveillance and IFF Systems; Data Fusion and Intel Support; and Telephony and Transmission. Cambridge is committed to providing the expertise and customer service required to get top results. This philosophy is put into practice daily, from fusion center operations in Afghanistan to transmission and telephony services in the Caribbean. Cambridge is a woman-owned, veteran-owned, and SDB company.
Cambridge is a company that promotes a work environment that encourages professional and personal growth and a culture where each employee is respected and valued. Cambridge also values the diverse background of their employees including minorities, veterans, women, and disabled. We take pride in being a veteran friendly employer, celebrating and embracing individual differences, and providing equal opportunity to all. Cambridge International Systems, Inc. is committed to the provision of equal opportunity employment for all qualified persons in all job classifications in recruitment, selection and promotion without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability. More information can be found at www.cbridgeinc.com (EEO/AA)
Lead Service Validation Tester
Requisition ID: 00343
Business Unit: NCR
Location: MSC Afloat Test Lab, Norfolk, VA 23511
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Clearance Type: Secret
Provide IT Support Services including Engineering and Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) that will assist in managing emerging requirements, enhance and develop IT capabilities in support of Military Sealift Command’s (MSC) mission. Assist in the development of governance to ensure IT capabilities align to the strategic plan, the technical architecture road map and DOD mandates.
o Validation and Test management - This consists of planning and managing/controlling and then reporting on the activities that have taken place during all phases to ensure they are fit for purpose/use.
- Manage service validation and testing for engineering projects in the MSC Afloat Consolidated Test Lab. Serve as a SME, possessing in-depth knowledge of Service and Validation Testing.
- Conduct Systems Integration Testing of changes to the MSC capabilities for the ashore and afloat environments.
- Prepare Systems Test Plans (STP), describing the test scripts to be performed in the Validation
- Testing for each new or revised system.
- Perform system validation and verification testing on an as-required basis.
- Document systems integration testing issues and findings and present the results to the project, program managers and appropriate stakeholders.
- Prepare System Test Reports (STR), documenting the results of testing, recommended action and any process improvements.
- Participate, critique, and comment on all requirement reviews and design reviews as required.
- The extent of the reviews is dependent on the complexity of the system involved, availability of documentation, resource availability, time constraints, MSC priorities, etc.
- Coordinate all systems integration testing resources and resolve any schedule conflicts with the MSC N6 ITSM Manager. The systems integration testing shall be closely coordinated with the Systems Engineering Project Manager.
- Primary responsibilities will include the following;
o Planning and Design - Test planning and design activities take place in the early stages of the Service Lifecycle. These correlate to resources, supporting services, scheduling milestones for delivery and acceptance.
o Verification of Test Plan and Design - Test plans and designs are validated to ensure all activities are complete (this also includes test scripts). Test models are also verified to minimize the risks to the service.
o Preparation of the Test environment - Prepare and make a baseline of the test environment.
o Testing - Tests are carried out using manual or automated testing techniques and procedures. All results are registered.
o Evaluate Exit Criteria and Report - Actual results are compared with projected results.
o Clean up and Closure – Ensure the test environment is cleaned. Learn from previous experiences and identify areas for improvement.
- 5+ years of experience in Service and Validation Testing
- BS in computer related field or equivalent experience