Edupoint Educational Systems, voted in 2013 as a "Top Companies to Work
For" is currently seeking an experienced, lead software business analyst to
work with our customer representatives and Edupoint staff. The purpose will be
to conduct and document business and software product analyses and to develop
detailed Functional Specification Design documentation in support of
Edupoint’s K-12 Education software products. This position will also
supervise a team of software business analysts engaged in those same activities.
requirements in support of development efforts to meet current and projected
- Supervise the Software Business Analysts.
- Lead business and technical analysis sessions to identify
demands for software product changes.
workshops, business process descriptions, use-case scenarios, and task/workflow
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirement
reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources,
from low-level information to general understanding, and distinguish customer
requests from underlying true needs.
to analyze information needs and functional requirements, and develop the
- Communicate and collaborate with external clients and internal staff
following artifacts as required (using standard templates): Product
Requirements Documents and Functional and Technical Design Documents.
system requirements, and product features and functions.
- Align stakeholders on business process requirements, software and
university in engineering, computer science, information systems, or related
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or
diagrams, UML, Structured Analysis, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in software business analysis work.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience with technical analysts.
- Skilled in documenting business requirements, use cases, activity
web-based solutions, SQL, XML, etc.
- Conversant with state-of-the-art software technologies, such as
of products, specifically Word®, Excel®, PowerPoint®.
- Strong analytical abilities
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Working level competence in the use of the Microsoft® Office® suite
Compensation & Benefits:
- Ability to travel 25% of working hours
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with matching and immediate vesting
- Generous Paid Time Off