Provide leadership in the development or modification of software using .net technologies.
1) Responsible for designing, coding, installing and maintaining software programs primarily using .net technologies (VB and C#) for thick clients, windows services and web applications.
2) Responsible for developing the Database tier using both Oracle and SQLServer
3) Responsible for providing technical assistance and mentoring other Software Engineers.
4) Work with other developers, architects, QA, system engineers and product management in solving new and existing technical issues
5) Understand requirements, implement designs, provide documentation for specific projects
6) Assist in assessments for project scoping
7) Participate in Design and Code Reviews
8) Follow and enhance existing development processes
9) Maintain ownership of the projects assigned
10) Consistently meet project deadlines
11) Responsible for the scheduling and planning of direct reports
12) Maintain quality
13) Completes other duties as assigned.
* Essential Functions
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent education in a related discipline is required.
Related work experience can be substituted for educational requirement.
Job Related Experience: Typically requires seven yrs programming / systems analysis or related experience. Demonstrate increasing job scope and responsibilities over your career.
Functional Area Skills/Knowledge:
1) Strong experience in building .NET applications in an enterprise environment
2) Experience building and maintaining applications using relational databases the and ability to construct SQL Statements, procedures and triggers
3) The ability to interact with external, as well as, internal clients for the purpose of data gathering, design initiation and support.
4) Strong communication skills – both written and oral are required.
5) Full life cycle experience - candidate will have been part of a team on one or more projects from conception thru deployment.
6) Prior experience leading teams of Software Engineers
7) Success in mentoring developers of varying skillsets.
8) Ability to work independently as well as part of a group.
9) Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
10) Ability to multi-task and work under the pressure of a deadline.
11) Good understanding of hardware and networking concepts and how they may interact with systems we develop.
12) Experience in a financial services environment a plus.
13) Project management and employee supervision experience is a plus.
14) Experience with TFS usage and administration a plus
15) Experience with modeling tools such as Enterprise Architect a plus
16) Experience with Agile technique a plus a plus
Fiserv, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Fiserv - 5 months ago
It's 10:30, America. Do you know where your money is? Fiserv does. The company provides financial services technology to banks, thrifts...