Lead Software Engineer-T-PPC-ENG-USPI-0803
LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER
REQUISITION NUMBER: T-PPC-ENG-USPI-0803
At Bombardier, 70,000 employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, you will develop propulsion control software for electric motor and auxiliary power subsystems on railway transportation vehicles. You will be responsible for full design lifecycle (requirements management, design, testing, and commissioning).
In your role you will:
- Design software using standard processes and procedures;
- Develop and manage software requirements;
- Support design reviews, internal and with customer;
- Identify and recommend improvements where established technology components and methodologies are inadequate or where the implementations of solutions are not effective;
- Lead team planning activities and track project progress.
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering. Master’s degree preferred;
- You possess a minimum of six (6) years of experience in a similar role;
- Must have real time embedded systems software design experience;
- You possess experience leading a project and using MATLAB / Simulink;
- You have advanced knowledge and experience with C programming;
- You have good knowledge of power electronics (three phase inverters preferred) and control system design (for AC motors and inverters preferred);
- Your English communication skills are excellent.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Bombardier Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
the evolution of mobility
Primary Location: US-PA-Pittsburgh
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 23.05.2013, 7:52:40 AM
Bombardier - 15 months ago
At Bombardier, our 76,400 employees work together to evolve mobility – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll...