Performs evaluation testing on all hardware and software components for new product offerings, network growth and/or customer-specific applications. Plans, designs, and tests complex video and data networks including individual components and interoperability of multiple network elements. May perform operational efficiency reviews and develop plans for improvements as necessary. At higher levels, conducts strategic network assessments based upon emerging network trends, technologies, and/or future service offerings and develops plans to address needs.
1. Conducts extensive lab evaluations and integration testing of network elements and document results.
2. Formulates integrated business services network architecture based upon demand, capacity, emerging network services, trends, and technologies
3. Plans future network enhancements and directions for access, metro, and national networks.
4. Provides detailed engineering support and consultation to field systems, design engineers, and implementation teams.
5. Serves as primary subject matter expert in the area of Business Services Network Engineering
6. Conduct engineering economic, alternative, and feasibility evaluations
7. Develops network element technical specifications.
1. 8+ years of experience required in related field (i.e. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Electrical Engineering); 5+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
2. 8 + years of experience in software architect and development
3. 5+ years of knowledge of C/C++, Java, design patterns, settop firmware
4. Knowledge of Motorola OS, Aptiv Passport/Echo guide and Showrunner, powertv OS, and VOD system
5. Knowledge of video delivery equipment and signaling, OCAP/Tru2Way, Cisco and Motorola controls and Conditional Access technologies
6. Knowledge of cable labs EBIF specifications
7. Excellent analytical and documentation skills
8. Excellent communication and teamwork skills
9. Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with third-party vendors and consultants
10. Self-motivated with strong sense of task ownership.
1. BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Electrical Engineering).
2. Telecommunications Industry certifications a plus (i.e. MEF, Cisco, Alcatel, Juniper).
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Cox Communications - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with 6.2 million total residential and commercial...