NatureBox is looking for a lead software engineer to be a member of our exciting rapidly growing startup. This role has the potential to evolve with the company as we grow.
Your primary focus is on enhancing the customer experience – help us build a cutting edge customer experience, focusing on personalization and intuitiveness, while integrating ecommerce+supply chain backend systems. You'll be working with a small team of driven engineers and will have a significant amount of influence in the technical direction of the company.
Ideally you like to:
- Build a web experience that will delight our customers.
- Write clean, efficient, maintainable, and robust code. Lead by example.
- Hands-on development of the core e-commerce functionality (Magento, but not limited to)
- Be data driven. If there's no data, build a system to capture and utilize it in a programmatic way.
- Experiment with recommendations algorithm, what if our system could...?
- Work in an all-cloud based environment with low overhead.
- Iterate quickly and deploy frequently.
- Think and work outside of the "box". Just because our core ecommerce platform is Magento, doesn't mean you are or will be limited to working within Magento.
- Value self sufficiency and product ownership.
- Work in a well-rounded culture where engineers are cherished and have a huge impact on the direction of the company.
- Familiarity with Magento e-commerce platforms is a strong plus.
- Deep understanding of cross browser development and web standards.
- Experience with AWS is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with Git and not being afraid of taking on minor devops work (aka being self sufficient) is a big plus.
- Raise the engineering bar – Our start-up provides tremendous opportunities for growth by running lean and mean. The more responsibility you take on the more you learn and grow professionally.
- A creative thinker with critical analysis and problem-solving skills, along with flexibility/adaptability and a knack for thinking on your feet will succeed in this role.
- The capacity to juggle multiple priorities effectively within a fast-paced environment is critical.
- Previous startup experience is a big plus
- This position is located in our offices in San Carlos, CA
- Competitive salary and equity