Duties and Responsibilities:
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
- Design, development, documentation, and maintenance of our next gen content publishing tools.
- Develop and maintain applications using standard development tools.
- Providing technical consultation and expertise to Product Managers and other Synacor staff members.
- Writing technical and non-technical specifications and the documentation of procedures.
- Effectively communicate task progress, analysis, recommendations, schedules, as well as technical and process issues and their resolution to a wide variety of customers ranging from senior managers to other technical personnel.
- Responsible for the analysis, design, development and support of application systems
- Maintain clear and complete documentation
- Other duties as assigned.
What we’ll bring to the table:
- A minimum of 7-10 years of development experience in software development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or the equivalent work experience
- Experience programming with Java
- Experience with Python
- Experience with CSS
- Ability and willingness to build knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
- Able to problem solve; analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures
- Develops competence by performing structured work assignments
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to collaborate
- Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants (for eligible positions)
- Award winning company culture
- Casual dress and flexible environment
- Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
- The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Teamwork is an everyday occurrence, and is made easy with our new open workspaces. Our leadership team understands that the best results come from collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do what they do best: create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary customer service. Synacor offers stock option participation and a healthy bonus potential. Working with some of the largest cable, telecom and satellite providers, Synacor’s products and online services reach over 25 million high-speed Internet subscribers worldwide. We are looking for great people to join our team and be given the freedom to do the work they were hired to do.
Synacor - 13 months ago
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...