Performs advanced, specialized work to assist in the organization and implementation of various projects and programs. Work is performed under minimal supervision within established policies with latitude for independent judgment. Works on special projects as assigned. May substitute for supervisor during his/her absence.
This position will provide a full range of administrative and logistical support for Human Resources, reporting to the Associate Managing Director of Human Resources. Providing collaboration to establish and maintain various project timelines. Provide support to the department by gathering information on various assignments within the established university processes, procedures and policies.
Specific examples of scope of work include, but are not limited to the following:
Skills and Abilities:
- Support management on multiple concurrent projects by preparing documents, analyzing data, and following up on timelines
- Attends project meetings and follows up, as assigned
- Provides a full range of support including word processing and preparation of meeting materials
- Ability to develop and conduct professional presentations
- Liaise with management on project delivery, issues and risks, as appropriate
To include, but not limited to, the following:
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to create professional presentations
- Personal computer skills such as, Microsoft office suite
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Must maintain confidentiality
- Ability to function in a face-paced, environment
- Must have initiative and ability to work independently
High school plus six years experience in related field. Additional education may substitute for experience on a year for year basis.
This is a Security Sensitive Level I Position: Applicants for this position will be subject to a criminal background check and may be required to be fingerprinted.
Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from a 4 year accredited college.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please provide the following with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
Sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time. Ability to lift 15 pounds.
Hourly Pay Range
13.16 - 18.78
Monthly Pay Range
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
Texas Tech University - 11 months ago