Lead Storage Developer
San Francisco, Atlanta
Virtustream is a full cloud spectrum provider delivering enterprise class services that leverage the power and flexibility of the cloud. Our secure high-performance platform, xStream , delivers highly available and elastic compute resources with true consumption-based pricing.
Backed by Intel, and Columbia Capital, Virtustream currently employs over 130 people, principally in Bethesda, MA and has recently established a San Francisco office to better serve our West coast customers and partners. As part of our ongoing growth we are seeking a Lead Storage Developer for the San Francisco location.
Virtustream is looking for an experienced Lead Storage Developer with strong experience in delivering virtualized storage solutions for carriers, hosting providers and enterprises. This role will be responsible for the design and implementation of the existing and next generation virtualized storage and supporting systems.
- The candidate shall be responsible for Development of software centre around a Storage Common Data Model to support Automated and Directed Discovery and Provisioning, Event and Notification Management and Performance Measurement of Storage Devices. The work involves development of different Providers and the required business logic which can be used for monitoring and configuring of storage equipment.
- The person must have good knowledge of configuring LUNs, Storage Pools and should have had prior experience in development of LUN Masking and Mapping software based on SMI-S.
- The person must have good knowledge about EMC and NetApp family of storage devices and their capabilities.
- The person should work to ensure seamless integration with the existing features in the xStream product suite to do cloud orchestration.
- The person should also be able to test and support deployment of software.
- The candidate must be able to understand and follow the software development process and internal standards imposed by the xStream product Suite
- Work with technology partners to develop and provide components and systems needed to implement storage strategy (E.g. –Standard API)
QUALIFICATIONS - KNOWLEDGE - SKILLS:
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS –
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Experience in building Enterprise Management Systems or Storage Management Systems and understanding of overall EMS and SMS platforms is a must
- Demonstrated technical leadership and ability to work as a team member
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills coupled with a strong interest in storage technologies including emerging virtualization technologies.
- Minimum qualification of a BS in Engineering or Computer Science or Electronics is required.
- Expert level in C# in a Linux Mono environment or Java/C++ is required. Knowledge of Python will be a plus.
- Experience with storage device configuration/discovery via vendor-specific API
- RDMS - Oracle, SQL. Knowledge of MongoDB and RabbitMQ is a plus.
- Knowledge of Web Application Servers such as JBOSS highly desired
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture concepts and Software Modularity
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Software Design, Coding, Testing and Implementation Skills, including any of the following technologies: Web services (SOAP/WSDL), REST API, XML, HTTP.
- Broad technical knowledge with a strong background in Storage Architecture
- Ability to manage many streams of work across multiple teams toward a single goal
- Flexible attitude and ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Good team work and clear understanding of how to get from designed solution to deployed solution
Willingness and ability to rapidly learn new technologies and tool sets.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Challenging and Rewarding Environment
Virtustream Inc. - 10 months ago