An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Technology Manager in the Gas Processing Group within ESE's UOP's Gas Processing and Hydrogen (GP&H) group. The position will report to the Sales Support Manager of Gas Processing and play a key and integral role in developing technical proposals and supporting the sales efforts within UOP's Gas Processing portfolio's product line, with particular emphasis on Acid Gas Removal solvent/adsorbent technologies. The position will provide technical sales support to GP&H Sales Account Managers and UOP customers in the assigned product lines. The Technology Manager works closely with other functions in CAS, PT&E, and R&D to ensure that effective proposals and project support are provided in a timely manner.
- Function as the technology line process specialist and coordinate all support needed for each assigned project.
- Prepare and maintain customer support material to be used by sales, including technology presentations.
- Coordinate with Sales on how to respond to client requests with appropriate response that meets customer requirements through the various stages of the sales process.
- Identify pull-through opportunities from projects being developed. Ensure equipment sales are positioned effectively during the preliminary proposal stage.
- Participate in setting and implementing the Sales and Guarantee strategy for projects.
- Develop technically innovative process solutions to sales opportunities both for revamps & new units, with appropriate risk consideration.
- Write/coordinate technical proposals for single and multi-unit complexes for both revamps and new units.
- Work with Sales to develop technical proposals, presentations, ITB review, technical support, guarantee calculation and preliminary pricing sheets.
- Ensure design process information, PEDS, utilities, mass balances, cost estimates are prepared to deliver effective sales proposals.
- Prepare initial and subsequent draft sections of the license, engineering and guarantee agreements.
- Take the lead technical role at customer meetings for bid clarifications, technology updates, technical proposal review and general positioning of respective technologies.
- Coordinate engineering and equipment proposal support via the liaison positions.
- Work with CAS, particularly Equipment Sales Support, to coordinate effective delivery of packaged unit proposals.
- Facilitate the transition of projects from sales to engineering through the process design phase and participate in the project kickoff meeting.
- Provide competitive feedback from individual projects to Sales Support Manager and Product Line Manager.
- Seek prioritization of projects from management when unable to meet all commitments.
- Develop, write, and present papers and presentations to industry conferences and customers as required.
- Work with Marketing, Development, Technical Service, Engineering and Equipment to define and initiate projects to improve technology competitiveness.
- Provide input to, and participate in, marketing, development and strategic sales projects, as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering is required.
- Minimum 10 years engineering experience in the refining, petrochemicals or gas processing industries is required.
- Advanced knowledge of overall gas processing systems and processes, particularly, gas separation and purification using alkanolamines, adsorbents and physical solvent processes.
- Advanced Experience in using commercial software such as Aspen Plus, TS design and/or HYSYS for process design;
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to...