The primary purpose of this job is to perform non-routine assignments and provide technical support with a high variety and complexity. Develops, designs, installs, and maintains new processes, tests, and/or control systems. Has critical knowledge of processes/systems and is responsible for projects and deadlines. Acts as a lead technician in a group.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Adheres to GB Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements.
- Responsible for highly complex technical projects coordinating internal and external resources/vendors to meet project requirements within designated timeframe.
- Develops specifications and researches sources for equipment/components to meet customer requirements.
- Designs, plans, executes and reports experiments and/or test apparatus.
- Gathers, maintains, and manipulates technical data such as laboratory or material test results and engineering design changes.
- Designs, recommends, assembles and installs equipment/apparatus and processes for product fabrication, research and development or analysis and testing.
- Produces documentation, reports, and drawings. Writes technical reports and other equired documentation.
- Writes instructions and trains other personnel in proper techniques to utilize systems, equipment, and processes.
- Performs complex troubleshooting; repairs, modifies and maintains systems and/or equipment.
- Analyzes data, evaluates systems and processes and makes decisions regarding modifications, if necessary.
- Interacts and advises other departments.
- Leads tasks of other technicians within group.
- Contributes to the developments and compliances of ISO and GMP quality system.
- Mentors other department technicians.
- Performs other functions as required.
- Minimum Education/Experience: Bachelors degree preferred with a minimum of 0-3 years of experience OR Associate’s technical degree with 7-10 years of experience.
- Specialized Knowledge and Skills: Ability to read and develop technical drawings/prints. Excellent technical writing skills. Computer operation skills. Strong mechanical/electrical/technical aptitude. Excellent organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills. Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
ElectroChem Incorporated was founded in 1986 with a strong reputation for successful problem solving in the field of fuel cells - a...