W R Systems, Ltd. has a potential need for a Lead Technician at our customer site in Norfolk, VA to provide on-site technical support for the AN/SPQ-12(V) RADDS, AN/SPQ-14(V) ASDS, AN/SPQ-15(V) DDS, and AN/SPA-25G/H Indicator Group equipment in laboratories and as required aboard U.S. Navy, Coast Guard and FMS ships and land based facilities.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Candidates must possess 4-6 years of progressive experience as a technician in related electronics field(s). Ideal candidates will have an AA in Engineering or Engineering Technology, or completion of a formal resident trade school or apprentice program in electronics, or completion of at least two (2) U.S. Navy “C” schools in electronic equipment or systems. All candidates must have the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance.
- Maintain the ASDS/RADDS/DDS Labs at NSWC Dam Neck.
- Install Engineering Changes (ECs), complete alignments, discover/resolve test and repair problems in Labs for all of the RADDS/ASDS/DDS equipment.
- Have the capability to build all cables required in support of ASDS/DDS labs (RF, fiber optic, etc).
- Install ECs and complete equipment certifications for AN/SPQ-12(V) RADDS, AN/SPQ-14(V) ASDS, AN/SPQ-15(V) DDS, and AN/SPA-25H Indicator Group equipments to include all variants of the AN/SPA-25, SB-4229/SP, SB-4229A(V)/SP Switchboards, CV-3989/SP CV-3989(V)1/SP, AM-7115A, and AM-7116A.
- Provide onboard technical assistance and installation support for all elements of the RADDS/ASDS/DDS equipment installed on Atlantic and Pacific Fleet ships, Coast Guard, and FMS ships and land based facilities.
- Conduct System Operational Verification Testing on RADDS/ASDS/DDS equipment as required and identify and document hardware and software discrepancies and recommend corrective action to resolve the discrepancies.
- Prepare ASDS/RADDS/DDS Equipment for shipping.
W R Systems, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer with a proven track record of high employee retention. We have been providing engineering, science and systems innovations, support and solutions to Public and Private sectors since 1983. We encourage individual growth and provide a flexible work schedule with a competitive benefit package. We acknowledge individual and group achievements through awards, bonuses and various other formal and informal methods.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action / Male / Female / Disabled / Veteran
WRSystems, Ltd. - 21 months ago