“I Arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ” – EB White
At Arise you don’t have to choose.
Since 1997, Arise Virtual Solutions has brought thousands of jobs back to the United States, we have helped disabled American’s get back to work, and have gone green… bright green.
Today, we are the leading virtual call center in the United States, and we continue to grow at a phenomenal rate. As one of the fastest growing and most dynamic business service offerings in the US, we are on track to becoming a major force in the $150 Billion Dollar call center market, and virtual services space.
Are you a dynamic individual who thrives in a fast paced and fun environment? Do you consider yourself an “Undisputed Top Performer”? If so, read on and apply directly at http://www.arise.com/corporate-careers/
The Lead Telephony Engineer serves as a technical lead for the Telephony group responsible for delivering scalable Contact Center solutions & Telecom services. The individual will ensure that project initiatives support Arise’s vision and objectives.
The individual will lead technical resources in delivering telephony solutions that follow best-practices and provide Tier 3 and Tier 4 support as necessary. In addition, the individual would participate in the strategic planning process and assist with managing vendor relations. The individual should be a self-motivator who can seek new technologies, establish best-practices and work with business units to understand and gather requirements for project and system enhancements. Effectively translate business requirements into high-level design documentation, estimate level of effort and document scope of implementation. Determine potential impact to systems resulting from projects, enhancements, changes and production support.
- Support corporate, client, and contractor telephony infrastructure across the enterprise. This includes working closely with a strategic Avaya integration partner working with Arise.
- Configure and support IVR, call announcement and recording features.
- Install, configure, and maintain telephony gateways/multiplexers.
- Perform Telecom carrier coordination activities – orders, provision and configuration of circuits.
- Manage a SIP-based solution in a production call center environment
- Architect and deploy SIP-based solution in a production call center environment
- Manage SIP client issues
- Work directly with telecom carriers through all phases from implementation to day-to-day management of circuits and services.
- Implement and maintain technical security and compliance requirements.
- Create and maintain technical documentation, call flows and diagrams
- Implement and maintain proactive system monitoring, alerts and notifications.
Technical Skills and Requirements
- Conduct system capacity planning activities.
- Provide technical disaster recovery and business continuity capabilities.
- Suggest and implement process improvements.
- Document daily tickets, problems, resolutions, change requests and project assignments.
- Participate in rotation On-Call responsibilities (on and off hours).
- Share knowledge and mentor other Telephony Engineers.
- Responsible for the performance and deliverables of the Telephony group.
- Oversee and prioritize work assignments for other Telephony Engineers.
- Participate in annual employee review process.
- Manage projects and deliverables, ensure audit requirements are satisfied.
- Participate in Telecom contract negotiations and annual budget process
- Education: College or University Level Degree Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline, or equivalent a plus.
- Minimum proven 5 – 7 years work experience with Avaya in a multi-site multi-tenancy contact center environment.
- Experience with Avaya Voice Communication Infrastructure including Media Servers, Modular Messaging, CMS, Avaya Interaction Center is a plus.
- In-depth understanding of the following product categories: SIP Proxy Server, Session Border Controller, or Softswitch.
- Fully conversant in SIP, RTP/RTCP, RTSP and other packet-based telecom protocols.
- Protocol experience including H.323, MEGACO, MGCP
- Hands-on experience in designing and implementing Session Border Controller solutions
- Knowledge of Firewalls, QoS, NAT.
- Must be self-motivated with strong interpersonal, communication, supervisory, presentation, and organizational skills.
- The ability to effectively work with clients, management, and staff members in a multi-tiered, fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with basic Networking, Server, Storage and SQL Management concepts. MS SQL Server T-SQL and MySQL
- Experience with Linux OS
- Experience with Asterisk PBX
- Experience with Telecom Product and Vendor Evaluation/Management; Problem Solving and Troubleshooting; Telephony Architecture; Telecom/Communications Hardware; Configuration/Implementation; Customer Engagement; Functional Project Management; Capacity Planning; ITIL; PCI/ SSAE-16 Compliance requirements, particularly call recording technology