Serving as the voice of care, love and hope to the front door of the organization, the Telephony Operator Lead embraces the ACH Service Theme and lends a prompt and friendly voice to the organizations’ patients, families, visitors and staff members. With an unparalleled willingness to help, Behavioral and Service Standards set the precedence of commitment to work with other departments to bestow the first ray of hope to Arkansas’ most precious resource—our children, without regard to their ability or inability to communicate.
Provides Telecommunications Operator Support
- Utilizes computer telephony integration applications to answer incoming calls.
- Responds to requests and inquiries in a professional and knowledgeable manner
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills in a support role by utilizing available training tools, CTI applications, and past experience.
- Exercises proper telephone etiquette by identifying department and self with no more than four (4) valid complaints per year.
- Determines the priority or urgency of incoming calls by utilizing listening skills effectively and routes the call to the appropriate person.
- Processes calls for after hour physician answering services
- Updates staff directory profiles and call schedule information in the CTI database.
- Assumes after hour call
- Assists management with staff scheduling
- Management may assign other duties associated with the position commensurate with the employee’s abilities.
Assists EHS and Clinical Staff with Initiating Critical Life Safety Protocols
- Primary responder to ACH Emergency Codes
- Communicates all critical and emergency information to appropriate personnel using CTI applications
- Monitors hospital gas and fire alarm panels. Communicates problems with appropriate personnel when necessary
Uses Interpersonal Skills To Function With Team Members
- Demonstrates behavior that promotes a positive work environment
- Displays a professional and positive attitude when communicating with management, co-workers and staff members with no more than three (3) valid complaints per year.
Demonstrates Professional Performance
- Takes on leadership role in the absence of management
- Learns and practices cost effective use of department resources.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and follows hospital and departmental policy and procedures; seeks clarification as needed.
- Interaction and communication with patients and their families reflect a basic understanding of age-specific issues
- Utilizes available communication tools to remain informed.
- Attends all mandatory meetings and participates in a positive and cooperative manner
- Completes (6) Chex courses per year related to current role and responsibilities.
- Incorporates knowledge and skills gained through experience and training into daily practice.
- Shares knowledge and expertise with other departmental staff members.
- Works closely with management to ensure continuity of departmental protocols across all shifts
Maintains Office Equipment In Good Working Order
- Reports malfunctioning equipment, phone repairs, CTI system problems, safety concerns, supply needs and problem solves as necessary with management.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, safe, and efficient work environment
- Maintains a clean work station and reports malfunctioning equipment and phone repairs to appropriate personnel
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Certificate from college program or technical school
• Field of Study: IT Healthcare or Business Analysis Note: College degree or College credit hours preferred.
3 years total experience required
which includes 3 years of telephony/customer service experience
3 years physician answering service experience preferred experience
Data Entry @ 6000ksph/10% error rate required
Basic PC knowledge and keyboarding skills required
Ability to identify CTI system problems required
Critical thinking and problem solving skill required
Excellent communication skills required
Must be available to work different shifts
Working knowledge of MS Office preferred
3 years using computer telephony integration applications preferred
Must be willing to take on leadership training and meet other departmental needs
Physical Activity - Stand
Physical Activity - Walk
Physical Activity - Sit
Physical Activity - Use hands to touch, handle, or feel
Physical Activity - Talk or hear
Physical Environment - Inside Office Environment / conditions
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 10 pounds
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 25 pounds
Noise Level - In general, the noise level for this position is considered to be:
Arkansas Children's Hospital - 12 months ago
As the only pediatric medical center in the state, Arkansas Children's Hospital (ACH) serves the youngest Razorbacks from birth to age...