Tools of the Mind |
(Tools) is a research-based early childhood program that builds strong foundations for school success in preschool and kindergarten children by promoting their intentional and self-regulated learning. In a series of rigorous experimental trials, Tools of the Mind has been shown to have a significant impact on self-regulation of preschool children. The study also found these gains in self-regulation to be related to scores in child development in early literacy and mathematics.
The Tools Lead Training Specialists (LTS) reports to the Regional Training Manager. The LTS is responsible for the coordination of training at assigned sites and ensures a dynamic learning experience for all participants. The LTS will develop training materials that support the application of Vygotskian theory and provide technical assistance to teachers.
Essential Job Functions
- Conducts engaging dynamic learning experiences for participants in the professional development training modules; Collaborates with training team to establish a set of goals for an assigned site based upon contract;
- Responsible for coordination of training and implementation support for an assigned site, including assigning duties for other training staff at the assigned site;
- Coordinates assigned sites including the establishment of a communication system, identifying implementation issues with fidelity of curriculum, monitoring training protocol of administrators, coaches and teaching teams, evaluating progress and setting goals, completing follow-up assignments, providing necessary written documentation and meeting timelines;
- Provides technical assistance to administrators, coaches and other key stakeholders;
- Facilitates communication between site administrators, coaches, and teaching teams and training team;
- Plans successful training experiences for teaching teams, coaches, administrators and special groups for an assigned site including but not limited to: answering email queries in a timely fashion, conducting webinars on assigned topics, sending reminders on workshops and technical assistance visits, ensuring books/materials ordered & received, maintaining a database of registered workshop participants;
- Implements an evaluation system of professional development workshops and TA visits and communicates with training team after each workshop and TA visits;
- Collaborates with Training Manager to customize the needs of an assigned site;
- Provides guidance for training team in preparation of the professional development training modules;
- Supports outreach and recruitment activities of new sites within designated region;
- Collaborates with other Tools of the Mind staff to support the mission and vision of the organization;
- Expands knowledge and application of Vygotskian theory;
- Complies with all deadlines;
- Abides by travel and personnel policies;
- Manages all aspects of work related travel; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to travel extensively, both regionally and nationally; travel will also include overnight stays.
- Maintain home office.
- Bachelors degree in education or related field required;
- Masters degree in education or related field preferred;
- Experience in preschool and/or kindergarten classroom teaching, required;
- Experience teaching primary grades, preferred;
- Experience with the Tools of the Mind program, preferred;
- Experience as a Training Specialist I with Tools of the Mind OR as a coach/mentor teacher preferred;
- Proficient with web, email, Google docs, Google calendar, leading webinars, computer based questionnaire systems, software programs (i.e. Word, Pages, Excel, iPad, Powerpoint);
- Demonstrated ability to create and/or modify Powerpoint presentations;
- Knowledge of classroom data collection and assessments;
- Experience coordinating and managing staff;
- Evidence of professional writing and/or speaking at a local or national level in the field of early; childhood education preferred
- Demonstrated ability to create workshops for other purposes such as seminars for NAEYC or other professional organizations;
- Ability to analyze student and classroom level data;
- Bi-lingual/bi-literate in English and Spanish preferred.
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefit package included.
- Commitment to Equity: Passionate about closing the achievement gap and ensuring that every child, regardless of background or circumstance, receives an excellent education;
- Leadership: Coaches, mentors and challenges others to excel despite obstacles and challenging situations;
- Innovative Problem-solving: Approaches work with a sense of possibility and sees challenges as opportunities for creative problem-solving; takes initiative to explore issues and finds potential innovative solutions;
- Adaptability: Excels in constantly changing environments and adapts flexibly in shifting projects or priorities to meet the needs of a dynamic transformation effort; comfortable with ambiguity and non-routine situations, including virtual work environment;
- Commitment to Teamwork: Increases the effectiveness of surrounding teams through collaboration, constant learning and supporting others; sensitive to diversity in all its forms; respects and is committed to learning from others;
- Dependability: Does whatever it takes to consistently deliver with high quality under tight deadlines; successfully manages own projects through strong organization, detailed work plans, and balancing of multiple priorities;
- Communication and Customer Service Skills: Communicates clearly and compellingly with diverse stakeholders in both oral and written forms; anticipates and responds to customer needs in a high-quality and courteous manner.