Medline Industries, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Lead Transportation Coordinator located in the Mundelein, IL facility. The position will be responsible for answering Operational Service Issues (department receives over 13,000 OSIs annually), answering inbound calls from sales reps and other Medline employees. This person will be responsible for training new co workers in the position of Transportation Coordinator. Position makes decisions regarding carrier selection in reaction to the phone calls and OSIs. Position interacts daily with our carriers to get resolution on customer carrier issues. Position is involved in intitiatives such as the scheduling initiative and inside delivery initiative. This position will make decisions on rush shipments and rescues. This person will be involved in carrier selection and loading the TMS with rates and route guides. This position has a direct impact on the corporate FPS as a result of their decisions and the intiatives they are involved with.
Challenging responsibilities include:
- Primary goals of position include but are not limited to answering OSIs, answering inbound calls from sales reps and other Medline employees to resolve transportation related delivery issues.
- Understand why and when certain modes of transportation are used to move products or raw materials between branches, into our manufacturing facilities, or to Medline Customers. Participate in dispatching shipments to carriers in support of this.
- Position will involve significant communication and interaction with our carriers, our operations and sales team, as well as some interaction with our customers.
- Position will include providing freight rate quotes to sales and other internal Medline customers.
- Load rates and route guides into the TMS system.
- Approve rush shipments and rescues.
- Train new coworkers in the postion of Transportation coordinator.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Access. SAP experience a plus.
- Four-Year college degree in Logistics / Transportation / Finance / Business preferred or equivalent experience required.
- 2-5 years experience serving as a Transportation Coordinator or related position. Above average understanding of Transportation Industry.
- Self directed and highly motivated individual who when presented with a service issue can get to the root cause of the problem and find a solution.
When health care supplies are on the line, Medline Industries goes toe-to-toe with the big guys. With more than 125,000 products, the...