LEAD TRAVEL CONSULTANT
Serves as the lead of a team of consultants, providing guidance and assistance in matters of service provision, customer service resolution and client management.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & STANDARDS:
- Provide guidance and leadership as part of a travel consultant team, who, as the first points of contact with our travelers / arrangers, will set the initial tone for the travelers experience and are required to make this interaction as positive as possible.
- Assists in training and orientation of new travel consultants.
- Provide system support (Sabre) and resources to assist travel consultants. Must be knowledgeable of international fares and ticketing.
- Assists with the execution of quality processes and tools as incorporated into all daily activities.
- Consistently act as role model, which includes answering calls, making reservations and projecting a positive and professional demeanor.
- Handle accounting issues as it relates to the office.
- Assists with staffing and ensure office is properly staffed at all times. i.e. breaks and vacations.
- Maintain professional working relationship with the clients to ensure quality service:
- Identify vendor opportunities and communicate their possible development and benefits
- Understand and administer the specifics of client contracts
- In the spirit of Ovation's corporate philosophy of G oing the E xtra M ile, the Lead agent will set the example of meeting the needs of the traveler by providing a positive interaction as well as insuring that the travelers reservations and systems documentation are accurately completed per company standards.
- Address customer services issues by gathering relevant information, identifying root causes and relationships, researching data, and taking prompt corrective action where necessary or suggesting alternative courses of action which may be taken.
- Report all client service issues to the Supervisor or Operations Manager promptly, escalating any matters if additional support is required for resolution.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (minimum needed to begin in the job) :
- A minimum of 5 Years Travel Industry experience
- Proven oral and written communication skills.
- Very strong SABRE skills
- Problem solving skills: ability to listen, identify the root cause, offer appropriate recommendations, and determine the best resolution.
- Proactively anticipate needs of client and integrate new creative ideas and technology as appropriate.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a timely and well-organized fashion.
- Ability to lead internal team to continue to perform to meet and exceed client expectations.
- Ability to maintain positive attitude.
Ovation Corporate Travel - 14 months ago