Be part of the solution — Work in a challenging, rapidly changing, team-oriented production environment! Collaborate with customers, team members, service desk staff, and supervisors to solve a variety of complex technical problems in a timely manner.
What You Will Do
What You Need
- Provide advanced technical support for existing and future production Apple/Mac services and tools such as provisioning, patching, software distribution, and packaging.
- Maintain scripts and tools in support of production services.
- Maintain Core Operating Environment software application packages.
- Troubleshoot problems escalated from the central help desk or reported by the monitoring system, working with vendors as necessary.
- Test institutional services such as Email, DHCP, and Wireless.
- Adhere to Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes and procedures for Change, Release, and Problem Management.
- Work with the Data Center support team to develop appropriate service monitors.
- Provide input regarding desired new features and capabilities.
- Develop application packages and complex scripts and tools.
- Interact with all levels of personnel and provide technical expertise as needed.
- Diagnose and resolve complex system and network-related problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field or equivalent combination of technical training and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Mac operating system.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain software packages.
- Experience operating and supporting enterprise services.
- Experience configuring/securing operating systems/troubleshooting complex problems.
- Demonstrated communication skills—effectively present technical solutions.
- Experience providing customer support to users with varying levels of computer literacy.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and interact effectively with vendors.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft, Active Directory, Directory services, and Kerberos.
- Experience programming in Objective C, Cocoa, Cocoa Touch.
- Apple certifications: ACSP, ACTC.
- Experience with ITIL or ITIL Foundations Certification.
- Extensive experience in the design and development of complex scripts.
- Demonstrated ability to create and customize software packages.
- Advanced technical knowledge with significant expertise of networks, system administration, and /or computer security.
- High-level technical contributor with expertise in building, maintaining, and/or supporting integrated computing environments.
- Experience assuming responsibility with minimal instructions and supervision.