The Lead User Interface Designer role requires a highly motivated person interested in designing innovative, intuitive web applications used by a wide range of user types. This role is unique in that it requires creative design skill and development skills in order to design and develop prototypes and components that will drive the development of the final product.
Familiarity with agile-based UI design process and best practices is desired. Proficiency with web-based UI design tools and technologies expected. As an individual contributor the User Interface Designer works with all departments and all levels of employees.
- Over 3 years of in-depth successful software development experience in a web based data warehousing applications environment.
- Significant experience building user interfaces and reports from business requirements and use cases.
- Proficiency in a variety of user interface design and development tools.
- Experience with business process modeling and XSLT.
- Quickly yet thoroughly create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors.
- Build interactive prototypes if necessary to support mockups.
- Represent the user in product discussions with development engineers and product managers.
- Provide User Interface design, reviews, and UI standards ownership and enforcement (across technologies and a specific product).
- Continually look for ways to improve the UI in terms of usability to the end user.
Candidates must have experience with:
- 3+ years of user interface design for enterprise-class web-based applications.
- Experience building rich internet applications a plus.
- Experience with the complete software development lifecycle; experience with Agile methodologies and tools is a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to author technical and application design documents.
- Experience collaborating with senior technical staff.
- Yahoo Interface Library
- An MVC language or two such as:
o Ruby on Rails