Lead Visual Designer who will elevate the visual language for Groupon and build a holistic design system across web, email and mobile platforms.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment. Applicants must have substantial experience creating/redesigning scalable visual design solutions for large-scale interfaces based on user-centered methodologies. Strong e-commerce experience with background in graphic/visual design and/or interaction design is preferred.
This position is in charge of making sure that the presentation layer of the Groupon site maintains the highest levels of quality, efficiency and consistency without compromising innovation. He/she will partner with product design leads, and product development teams to provide strategic design leadership across a range of both consumer and merchant experience pages. He/she will maintain a laser-like focus on user needs, and champion visual design principles, best practices and user research to inform design solutions. A deep awareness of design trends related to e-commerce, visual design, and user-centered approach is imperative to success.
- Candidate must be a high-level thinker capable of diving deep into specific design challenges to create solutions that are holistic in nature and practical in application. Experience successfully leading visual design within interdisciplinary projects teams, including; product designers, brand designers, PM’s, user researchers and UI engineering is required.
- A proven mastery of visual design principles and methodology as they apply to large-scale, global web/mobile interfaces as well as a working knowledge information architecture and interaction design principles.
- Must be an effective communicator visually, orally and in written communication to successfully influence decision makers at all levels. He/she will lead by example, and possess good interpersonal skills to build synergetic relationships across the cross-functional teams and mentor less-experienced designers within the team. Managing experience is a plus, but this position requires hands-on design skill.
- Candidate will work in a high-paced team environment. Must be organized, have excellent time management skills, and be detail oriented. They will manage their own time efficiently while receiving strategic direction from design leadership.
- 6-8 years of relevant work experience with an in-house creative team or advertising/branding agency/design studio environment.
- Expert proficiency in all current professional design software including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Prototyping skills a big plus.
- A well-rounded knowledge of software technologies such as Flash, iOS, Android and HTML5 and the ability to articulate how they can impact interaction design.
- BA/BFA, MA/MFA in visual design or related field is required.
- Online portfolio (or work sample PDF) is required to demonstrate the experience.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID 4425
Groupon - 4 months ago
Careers at Groupon
We’re making life less boring by crafting a new evolution of local commerce. We’re changing the way mercha...