Who We Are
HowAboutWe is the modern love company. We help people
fall in love and stay in love.
We're a well-funded ($18.5mm), rapidly-growing startup with headquarters in
Brooklyn, NY. We build breathtaking products that transform people’s lives.
You can read more about us here .
We have three main products:
Who We're Looking For
We are looking for an expert WordPress developer to own and build out all technology for our network of relationship blogs.
- HowAboutWe Dating is the offline dating site.
Members post date ideas, connect, and meet - offline.
- HowAboutWe for Couples helps couples have wonderful
experiences together. Members choose from our curated collection of
one-of-a-kind experiences for two; we take care of all the booking. It’s
the must-have membership for the modern couple.
- The Date Report provides engaging, entertaining and enlightening content
about dating and relationships.
We are currently planning a complete redesign of thedatereport.com and the additional development of at least 4 other blogs, all of which will share common templates/structures. You will be the sole developer responsible for customization and feature building on this blog network.
You should be skilled in dealing with high-traffic blogs that perform at scale, writing WP plugins and general PHP coding, theme development, and general HTML/CSS coding.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with WordPress, including work on high-traffic blogs.
- Knowledge and familiarity with WP Multisite
- Custom theme development for WP
- Strong PHP skills, with awareness of performance implications
- Advanced HTML/CSS development
- [a plus] Experience developing and running on WPEngine.com
- Smart, with CompSci degree or equivalent
This position is for full-time employment on-site in our office in
DUMBO. We will support relocation for the right candidates.
- Competitive Salaries and Stock Options — We pay highly competitive salaries in addition to significant stock options.
- Continued Learning — We'll pay for team members to attend conferences and get coaching to continue learning their craft
- Health Insurance, Vision, and Dental — Exceptional Health Benefits.
- Ten Paid Holidays — Our office closes for all standard paid holidays.
- Fifteen PTO Days — We encourage all team members to take vacation and recharge.
- Food & Drink — Stocked fridge, some team meals, etc.
To apply please first check out our site and make sure you love our
work and want to contribute to it. Then please send a resume and
cover letter to Dave Brown, Chief Technology Officer at
HowAboutWe - 12 months ago