Reports to: Center Manager
Status : Non-exempt
Type : Full-time
JOB DESCRIPTION : Responsible for providing quality case management service for approximately 40 youth leading participants to self sufficiency. Responsible for developing and positively executes action plans with participants that include GED attainment, credentials, post-secondary placement, and employment retention, in addition to providing additional administration support for a team of 4 that include documentation and reporting requirements. Team consists of 2 Youth Development Specialists, 1 GED Instructor, and 1 Youth Employment Specialist.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Mandatory Job Qualifications
- Adheres to the mission and Core Values of SER/SERCO.
- Assists Youth Development Specialists (YDS) with case notes, IWDS entries, administrative support and reporting requirements
- Provides YDS with processes to match youth with job orders and ensure cohesion with the Youth Employment Specialist.
- Maintains caseload of 40 youth.
- Shows interest and concern for all youth, recognizes youth as “customers,” and treats them with respect
- Interviews participants or their authorized representatives to gather information to assess service needs and to complete intake process which includes data entry into Illinois Workforce Development System within designated time frame from Manager. Ensure all YDS complete data requirements and documentation, as well.
- Completes monthly reports that include hires, placements, retention, GED attendance and testing to see service gaps and act accordingly to re-engage youth, or as needed.
- Allocates equal time for individual participants as needed to assist with progress. Communication with customers must take place every 15 days.
- Performs street/home/training provider/employment visits to all participants on caseload.
- Performs follow-up with youth and employers after placement and performs site visits
- Assures maintenance of case files on all participants, including eligibility documentation and information regarding assessment, referrals, training, education, employment and follow-up are accurate and complete.
- Works with partnerships with appropriate public and private agencies that provide services to the students and families, including outreach activities with schools, street, community- and faith-based organizations.
- Assists in securing employment verifications.
- Assists in the writing and organization of proposals and grant applications, as directed by Manager.
- Ensures team reports existing conditions regarding ALL program participants
- Follows safety measures with youth indoors and outdoors.
- Responsible for communicating and documenting discipline issues with direct supervisor.
- Provides choices for youth and guides them in making positive decisions. Works for self-esteem building in all participants by creating and implementing Life Skills workshops, along with Women/Men groups, and post secondary site visits/field trips.
- Maintains working knowledge of all program statements of work and performance goals.
- Implements procedures and policies for operation of the program.
- Assists in evaluating current procedures and practices for accomplishing objectives. Implements alternative methods for improvement of program with Manager.
- Collects data and information for periodic program evaluations.
- Maintains communication and a positive relationship with other team members.
- Must be willing to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Attends all staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience with the WIA (Workforce Investment Act) program, specifically case management and working with IWDS (Illinois Workforce Development System)
- Experience working with at-risk youth including case management
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to travel locally and work flexible hours
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Criminal Background Check
- Mandated Reporter
- BA/BS degree in related field; social work, education, etc.
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Knowledge of employment and training programs
- Some supervisory and/or management experience (2 years)
NPO.net - 10 months ago
Serco employs over 100,000 people in more than 30 countries, delivering local services informed by many years of international experience...