Lead / Senior iOS ENGINEER - Not eligible for Visa candidates San Francisco, CA Blackboard Mobile is looking for a Senior iOS Developer looking to revolutionize the role of mobile technology in education. Proven leaders in the market, Blackboard Mobile has already produced multiple pioneering applications that have changed the way students and teachers approach education, and we are looking for someone who can help continue that tradition. You are someone with a proven history of developing beautiful and practical iOS applications, but someone who also recognizes that their best work is still to come. You are someone excited to join an equally motivated team, and bring those ideas to fruition.
What You Want To Do • Play a leading developer role in multiple apps used by millions of students and teachers around the world. • Work closely with designers to craft beautiful user experiences, and then implement them with equally elegant code. • Work in a small team full of passionate, talented people, who love using and making great apps. • Enter a room with only team members and a whiteboard, and walk out with an idea and a plan for the next big thing.
We help universities and other institutions take teaching, learning, and campus life mobile – for everyone, wherever they are! With Blackboard Mobile solutions implemented for our clients, they have the power to take education farther than ever imagined. http://www.blackboardmobile.com/jobs/ Some of our Great Benefits • San Francisco office in the heart of Jackson Square – surrounded by North Beach and the FiDi. • Competitive salary • Full benefits, 401K matching.
- Make education better. You remember how much education technology lacked, and you are excited to have an opportunity to completely change that. What You Have • 6+ years of experience working as a software engineer, including 3+ years developing iOS applications. • Bachelor ’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Have live apps on the App Store you have developed (please provide link to the apps on the App Store). • Mastery in Objective-C (and C++). • Mastery of all the iOS SDK and native application development. • Experience architecting large software projects from start to finish.
- Experience working within a team; you know how to make your point heard, and hear what other people have to say as well. • Strong problem solving skills in a fast-paced environment. • A true love and appreciation for well-designed, scalable code. You are intolerant of anything less.
- A true love and appreciation for impeccable design and simple UI. You are intolerant of anything less. Bonus Skills • Experience working with REST APIs, SQLite, CoreData, and other networking technologies. • Experience writing automated units and application tests.
- Experience working with design software. • An active contributor to open source software (please provide links to relevant GitHub projects). Who We Are Blackboard Mobile is a division of Blackboard Inc. We pride ourselves on creating well-designed mobile solutions that leverage powerful components of various mobile devices.
- Flexible work schedule - we want you to create amazing products, not punch a ticket. • Use of top of the line mobile phones and iMac with Cinema Display. • Subsidized public transportation hellip;.or bike to work! • Fully stocked snacks and drinks, espresso, bagel-bar Fridays, and a flowing keg.
- We are a pet friendly environment, so there are occasional dogs roaming around! • Perks such as ping-pong, pool table, office yoga, happy hours, patio grilling, nerf darts, and endless choices of music. We like to have fun, too! *We are not considering Visa candidates for this position.
Blackboard Mobile is a division of Blackboard Inc. We pride ourselves on creating well-designed mobile solutions that leverage powerful...