The metrology department performs a variety of tasks that require the application of in-depth technical knowledge and skills in the field of dimensional, physical, and electrical metrology including the principles of calibration, measurement, accuracy and standards. This group calibrates test equipment and gaging used to measure distance, weight, force, torque, voltage, etc.
In the role of Lead Metrology Technician, you will:
• Provide assistance for 3-5 metrology technicians.
• Assist in supporting 15,000 pieces of measurement and test equipment with an approximate value of 5 million dollars.
• Plan, organize and direct the work loads and task assignments to insure timely and accurate calibration of equipment.
• Provide technical guidance, direction and training in calibration and measurement technology and equipment operation to calibration technicians.
• Work with production and manufacturing supervision, technicians and engineering personal providing them with technical expertise in calibration and measurement.
• Develop and revise calibration test procedures and data sheets, as necessary, to be used on Moog designed and commercial test equipment.
• Insure the maintenance and calibration of laboratory standards and coordinate activities related to purchased calibration services.
Associate degree in a technical field or equivalent, one year of additional technical education/training or equivalent, and five years of metrology experience.
We work on some of the world’s most exciting technical projects, creating products that challenge the limits of what’s possible,...