The Leadership and Talent Development Manager will be responsible for designing and delivering innovative global leadership and learning programs/processes that support MTS’s strategic objectives and build our talent pipeline. This key individual will work in close partnership with internal stakeholders to assess and diagnose leadership and talent development needs, and create robust implementation strategies and plans, including the creation of a global management/leadership development curriculum. Key areas of focus for this role include instructional design, training facilitation in face-to-face and virtual environments, team development, performance management, competency development, leadership assessment and coaching, workforce development, career planning, and knowledge management and transfer.
1. Responsible for the needs analysis, end-to-end design, development, implementation and sustainment of programs and processes with the goal of developing a strong leadership pipeline.
2. Responsible for curriculum design leadership – consults with clients, colleagues, and senior leaders to provide business solutions, as well as training solutions, with broad impact. Utilizes proven methodologies for needs assessment, curriculum design, and course development. Leverages adult learning theory/research with practical business needs of the organization. Is proficient in leveraging traditional and technology based learning methods. Partners with external consultants and service providers as needed and manages vendor relationships.
3. Partners with other members of the HR team and key stakeholders from the business to deploy global learning programs that align with broader talent management goals. Analyzes the audience, content, technologies, operational constraints and trade-offs associated with selecting the best delivery methods for each objective to optimize design and implementation strategy. Determines strategies for building experiential learning, mentoring programs, peer networking to build capabilities.
4. Continually evaluates solutions for quality, business impact, scalability and sustainability. Conducts post learning evaluation to understand successes and improvement opportunities for the designed solution. Identifies appropriate metrics and leads impact reviews.
5. Influences and educates leaders on their role in developing people as an essential part of their jobs. Produces instructional and performance support materials to support successful leader-led development.
6. Provides leadership and team development coaching. Creates and delivers train-the-trainer learning sessions as appropriate for the delivery strategy for both experienced trainers and leaders-as-teachers. Serves as a role model for excellent instructional facilitations and develops those capabilities in others.
7. Workforce development, performance management & career planning - leads competency modeling initiatives leveraging tools and resources within the COE. Partners on the development of aligned competency modeling efforts and the integration of competencies into various human resource planning systems. Contributes knowledge, tools and resources to developing an effective performance management process. Consults with the business on leadership and technical career tracks.
8. Researches best practices and emerging thought leadership. Maintains current knowledge and understands the implications of various organizational, business, leadership and team behavior trends and performance models.
· Bachelors degree in Human Resource Development (or related field) – Masters degree preferred.
· 7+ years work experience in the areas of curriculum and instructional design, training, group facilitation, leader coaching and leadership development.
· Strong instructional design, program management and facilitation skills, and the ability to support and mentor others in these domains.
· Experience in competency development, performance management, career development and talent management in a fast paced environment.
· Demonstrated skills and experience in all aspects of consulting and coaching. Experience facilitating 360 feedback with follow-up coaching.
· Experience developing and implementing mentoring programs.
· Demonstrated success working in a team environment on multiple projects with changing priorities.
· Knowledge of and experience with various needs assessment, design, evaluation, and leadership and team development approaches.
· Strong history of quickly gaining credibility and partnering effectively with HR and business leaders at all levels.
· Acts with the highest level of integrity at all times and keeps confidences.
· Ability to balance the diverse perspectives of multiple organizational constituencies.
· Team oriented, collaborative style.
· Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills; a role model for the use of the values, concepts and skills we teach.
· Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to manage through influence and build strong, trusting relationships with employees and leaders at all levels.
· Self-aware of impact on others and proactively seeks feedback; can tailor message to different audiences.
· Proactive approach and able to operate with a sense of urgency and meet critical deadlines.
· Proven track record of achieving results.
· Demonstrated project management, change management and employee communication skills.
· Proactive approach and able to operate with a sense of urgency and meet critical deadlines. Takes personal ownership and responsibility for achieving agreed upon results.
· Ability to forecast resource needs and to manage expenses within approved budget.
· Previous people management experience strongly preferred.
· Experience working in a global environment strongly preferred.
· Experience with knowledge management and transfer a plus to assist with the development of cross-organization knowledge capture and sharing.
· Certifications in using, administering and facilitating survey instruments and assessment tools (includes, but not limited to, MBTI, Lominger, Franklin Covey) a plus.
· Ability to travel globally – approximately 5-10%
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/M/F/V/D
E-mail and password are case sensitive. Forgot your password?
For assistance, please see the Applicant Guide ,
or send an email to EmploymentCoordinator@mts.com
For Special Accommodation, click here .
Information about Security
© 2007 | All Rights Reserved. | Powered by HRsmart | Human Resources Software
In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes -- and those things tested by MTS Systems. The company produces testing systems that...